Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

That worked perfectly. Thank you so much.

Now, is that same code good for the Joomla 1.5 version of the site? I will need to make the change there too.

mgerity Friend

So, I am now able to get a module in the position I wanted. I went with a copy of the Sample Module, which simply lets me enter html.

That’s great, but I’m having trouble getting the module in this new position to be the proper width. If I use the type=”spotlight” parameter, the module ends up being NARROWER than those above and below it. If I use the type=”modules” parameter, or if I simply list no type at all, it ends up being just a bit WIDER than the modules above and below. In other words, the left hand edge is further out than the left edge of the user1 module in the topsl position, and both the left and right edges extend further than the left and right edges of the JA Tabs module in the content-mass-top module below it.

I don’t see any way to change the width in the backend of the site, and I don’t know why this module seems to be taking on a width that doesn’t match everything else on the page.

Sherlock Friend

Hi mgerity

Problem because you added new position and you don’t have css for it, you can add something into css file like below:

#ja-content-mass-first{

}

Also please try to use firebug addon of firefox for checking css for each part of you website, it will help you so much .
    Regards

mgerity Friend

Do you mean in the /templates/ja_portfolio/css/template.css file?

If so, there appear to be sections within that file. The content-mass-top position appears to be addressed under the /* SLIDESHOW section. Is that where I should add the code you suggest? Also, the other positions have things like background and margins defined. I assume I should copy the margins settings from the content-mass-top?

Finally, I see that content-mass-bottom is also not defined in the template.css file, but yet adding the content-mass-bottom position works perfectly. Why does that position work without any css defined for it?

Sherlock Friend

Hi friend,

Do you mean in the /templates/ja_portfolio/css/template.css file?

Yes, please add in this file
    You can do everthing as you want untill you are ok with layout at front-end of it.
    As i said in last message, please use firebug addon of firebug or ie developer toolbar of IE, they will help you so much.
    Regards

mgerity Friend

One big problem with FireBug. When I use it to look at my Joomla 1.6 installation, it always shows the me the correct source file for css formatting, like public_html/templates/ja_portfolio/css/menu/mega.css

Unfortunately, with my Joomla 1.5 installation, it is instead showing the source as the cache files, /public_html/t3-assets/css795ae.css

FireBug is a bit useless if it is going to keep showing me the cache files, instead of the actual source files. This continues to happen even immediately after I use the JA Clean Cache button on the backend. How do I get FireBug to show me the actual source files instead of the cache files?

mgerity Friend

I should note that this continues to happen even after I clear the Firefox cache as well, and even after I disable the cache in Firefox using the Web Developer extension.

Also, as I said, this problem is not occuring when I use FireBug with the 1.6 version of my site, even when I switch directly over to that site from the 1.5 site in the same browser session. As such, there is clearly something different about the way the two sites are presenting this information to FireBug, and the problem is not likely a Firefox setting.

Also, the issue is happening when I use Firebug on the sites from two different computers altogether, which again suggests that the problem is with the site, and not with FireBug or Firefox.

mgerity Friend

I think I’ve narrowed down the problem. The 1.5 site has “Development Mode” and “Cache Mode” enabled, and the 1.6 does not. The 1.5 site also has Optmize CSS and Optimize JS turned on (both to Join & Minify & Compress), and names that t3-assets folder as the “optimize folder.”

So, I’m sure that 1 of those 4 settings is causing the problem in Firebug, I just don’t know which one.

Sherlock Friend

Hi friend

Problem because cache of T3 framework, you have to go to Template manager, choose JA Portfolio, then choose Developer Mode to yes, Cache mode to No, then clear T3 cache.
    Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum