Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Thanks Phil,

<em>@phill luckhurst 139779 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ll check those later. In JCE however, the html icone is replaces with a red <> icon.

Other icons that you may be missing can be enabled in the JCE back end.</blockquote>

I hope there are universal conventions for these icons.

<em>@phill luckhurst 139779 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I had problems with 1.5.12 in other templates (Zinc and Quartz) in that if you did save an article, published or not the readmore was not taken into account so the article both before and after the supposed readmore was visible and the article was always published even if you had it set to unpublished. I had to switch to JCE to get new articles to work as they should.

I have just upgraded all my sites to .14 and I will see what happens tonight when I add some more stuff.</blockquote>

If you could, can you please answer the questions about JCE version, and updates, I posted in my previous post.

If you get time, can you please check if the addition of the space

<br />      

will work in JCE. In TinyMCE, even before it was messed up in Joomla 1.5.12 (and 13) update, the spacing ISO disappears in the HTML editor when I re-edit a page. So, I have to keep on re-doing it.

This spacing issue is very critical in poems where some of the lines are indented over the others. They are used in old style paragraph formatting also where the first line is indented.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@ps5t0ck5 139796 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Cornelio

Here goes…

I installed com_jce_157_154_package and that was it, no further patches or extensions. The Joomla version I installed into was 1.5.13 with patches. It works fine as far as I can tell, just have to get used to different command icons etc. I have attached an image for you of the editor and indented text. The icon for the code is the doc with <> over it. If you go into your components manager you can select the JCE component and check the plugins for their descriptions and icons.

I tried entering your code and even though the JCE component is configured not to clean up it removes       although the indentation remained after saving (the indent was only to the extent of 30px, not sure what indentation your code should achieve).

As you can see I did manage to get indented text but looking at the code it does this by adding padding ie. 30px and 60px in this case.

Hope this helps.</blockquote>

Thanks ps5t0ck5,

I upgraded to Joomla 1.5.14 did not help. In the edit mode, the spacing shows. However, once it is saved, the expected indentation was not observed.

I checked the configuration, and my JCE also has the following:

Cleanup HTML: No

like yours, but it still does not work in my site.

Cornelio

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Hi Cornelio

That’s not good. I was checking this in IE7, I didn’t check in Firefox or IE8. Quite often in Firefox spacing doesn’t show on images and because JCE adds padding rather than your code for indentation maybe this is the problem.

All I did before installing JCE was revert back to the 1.5.11 tinyMCE editor, can you do that until they sort it out? Maybe you should make a request to the developers on the Joomla forum.

Otherwise, I understand what you’re saying re verses, I have used wordpad and notepad to set text and then used copy/paste to get it into the template exactly as I wanted it.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@ps5t0ck5 139897 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Cornelio

That’s not good. I was checking this in IE7, I didn’t check in Firefox or IE8. Quite often in Firefox spacing doesn’t show on images and because JCE adds padding rather than your code for indentation maybe this is the problem.

All I did before installing JCE was revert back to the 1.5.11 tinyMCE editor, can you do that until they sort it out? Maybe you should make a request to the developers on the Joomla forum.

Otherwise, I understand what you’re saying re verses, I have used wordpad and notepad to set text and then used copy/paste to get it into the template exactly as I wanted it.

Sorry I couldn’t help more.</blockquote>

Hi ps5t0ck5,

I visited the Editor forum of Joomla last night, and it seems even the more experienced members are baffled by this problem with the Editor.

Cornelio

Phill Moderator

In the “JCE Editor Setup” find “Cleanup > Entity Encoding” and set to “named” at least I think this is what your looking for it will allow you to put in non-breaking spaces

Phill Moderator

Scratch the above. It has been removed in the latest JCE. You can choose what editing goes on a lot better in the back end. There is also a &nbsp button (the little return key with the red stripe through it.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 139982 wrote:</em><blockquote>Scratch the above. It has been removed in the latest JCE. You can choose what editing goes on a lot better in the back end. There is also a &nbsp button (the little return key with the red stripe through it.</blockquote>

Phil,

What version of JCE are you using. The version I have still has the “name” option as you indicated in your previous post.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 139974 wrote:</em><blockquote>In the “JCE Editor Setup” find “Cleanup > Entity Encoding” and set to “named” at least I think this is what your looking for it will allow you to put in non-breaking spaces</blockquote>

Thanks Phil,

This worked but I have to try it in different sites first, to confirm my initial results.

The “Named” option is still there in my JCE

com_jce_157_154_package.zip

Is the above the latest?

Cornelio

Phill Moderator

Yes, you have the latest version. It seems I was being a prat and looking at the wrong one of my sites. Now upgraded to the latest.

cgc0202 Friend

Phil,

I found one advantage over tinyMCE already. In tinyMCE, even before the problems happened, the spacing ISO was deleted upon saving in tinyMCE — even if it remembers the inline spacing. However, if I re-edit the article which previously had the inline spacing, because the spacing ISO was deleted upon saving, in tinyMCE, the indentatiion was lost too.

In contrast, in JCE, with the “Named” setting, the inline spacing ISO was not deleted. So, even if the article was re-edited, the prior inline spacing remains also.

Cornelio

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Anyone any idea why JCE strips HTML code or how to stop it – according to the config it shouldn’t but it still does :((

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@ps5t0ck5 141344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Anyone any idea why JCE strips HTML code or how to stop it – according to the config it shouldn’t but it still does :((</blockquote>

Hi =ps5t0ck5,

The solution provided by Phil above worked for me. You have to use the latest version and ensure to make the changes in the specifications.

Cornelio

cjmicro Friend

Not sure if this is relevant, but if you are on a mac it seems macs strip out all kinds of formatting when you copy/paste. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?

Cheryl

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@cjmicro 141433 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not sure if this is relevant, but if you are on a mac it seems macs strip out all kinds of formatting when you copy/paste. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?

Cheryl</blockquote>

Hi Cheryl,

I use a Mac, a G4 Notebook in fact, very slow now. I am waiting to see what new technologies will be announced, as well as let the Snow Leopard get some road test before I buy a replacement.

That aside. Did you check the settings? There is an option there that if checked will strip all html formats.

Also, the upgrade of Joomla from v1.5.11 to the next upgrades up to the current 1.5.14 messed up the editor, including JCE. There were so many threads in the Joomla forums on this. Many still unexplained.

You need to use the latest version (see discussion above). I use html (including new ones specially for verse), and I did not encounter stripping, except the “spacing issue” I discussed here. What solved it was as Phil stated above.

<blockquote> Originally Posted by phill luckhurst
    In the “JCE Editor Setup” find “Cleanup > Entity Encoding” and set to “named” at least I think this is what your looking for it will allow you to put in non-breaking spaces</blockquote>

So far it is working for me.

Cornelio

ps5t0ck5 Friend

Hi Cornelio and Cheryl

cgc0202;141359Hi =ps5t0ck5,

The solution provided by Phil above worked for me. You have to use the latest version and ensure to make the changes in the specifications.

Cornelio[/quote]

This is ok for the spaces but it’s still stripping script/javascript code – not good, I daren’t open any articles that have maps etc incase they disappear.

Not sure if this is relevant, but if you are on a mac it seems macs strip out all kinds of formatting when you copy/paste. Does anyone know a way to avoid this?

Cheryl

No not using a mac, although although the copy and paste part is interesting, that’s when it seems to get stripped – but this is useful info for those that are using macs, thanks.

Thanks for these replies.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ps5t0ck5 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum