Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The desemvolvedores JoomlArt should explore new styles

We need a template like this, in Joomla … To Jomsocial and not only … A clean and simple design … :laugh: http://netlog.com/

1. zonaz
    khoand Friend

Hi,
    Could you give me a snapshot with your annotation?

pedrox Friend

<em>@khoand 246680 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Could you give me a snapshot with your annotation?</blockquote>

Just a hint …. :laugh:

The desemvolvedores JoomlArt should explore new styles

khoand Friend

Thanks for your hint. I reported it to our development team.

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 246687 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just a hint …. :laugh:

The desemvolvedores JoomlArt should explore new styles</blockquote>
    What exactly does this mean?

Also, there are (at least) several existing JA templates that can be modified/customized any way you want.
    (see my first quote below) 😉

pedrox Friend

I loved knowing how to do it, but know nothing about php … :laugh:

But what templates I could use to build something similar to the thema Netlog ?

What interests me most in the thema Netlog is the top … I appreciate the space savings on top… And I like the clean design, practical and very effective

TomC Moderator

What is the actual url for that NetLog site?

pedrox Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 246805 wrote:</em><blockquote>What is the actual url for that NetLog site?</blockquote>

http://en.netlog.com/ :laugh:

TomC Moderator

Simple answer . . . . JA SOCIAL

Sure, if you want your site to resemble the NetLog site you are going to have to work on some customization of the base JA Social template … but that’s what it’s all about (see my first signature quote below). 😉

Also, of course, you will need to purchase the JomSocial extension to get the social network function of the site to work.
    JoomlART only provides you with the framework for JomSocial – they do not purchase the license for you.

As for some of the ancillary elements – such as the games – check out the JomSocial website for the various extensions that they and third-party developers have created to enhance a JomSocial based site.

and there ya go. 😎

pedrox Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 246812 wrote:</em><blockquote>Simple answer . . . . JA SOCIAL :</blockquote>

I would have to change too many things! Almost everything …

I think I’ll never have the template I’d like … :((

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 246813 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would have to change too many things! Almost everything …
    I think I’ll never have the template I’d like … :((</blockquote>
    Once again, a template is merely a starting point for you to take and mold into what YOU (and/or your client) ultimately wants/needs. Sure, if you want a website clone of “NetLog,” you are going to have to modify various elements. But then again, why would you want a site that looks exactly like NetLogs?

The very same argument can be made for those who see JA templates as plug-and-play websites. They are not … they are starting points meant for JA members to take and customize into something more individualistic … something more unique. Otherwise, we would have a whole mess of websites that look exactly like a whole mess of other websites . . . . how boring would that be?

Whenever I am surfing the internet and come across a website where I can immediately identify it as a JA template, the first thing that runs through my mind is BORING. There is nothing special about taking a template and simply replacing a logo and some content. Rather, much more interesting and impressive are those sites where it is not immediately obvious that it started it’s life as a JA template.

Is it a matter of not knowing much (or anything) about CSS web design and some basic PHP concepts? If so, there are literally dozens upon dozens of free educational resources available at your fingertips throughout the internet.

If it’s a matter of simply not wanting to put in the time to customize a starting point template into something a bit more unique … well then, I’m afraid there’s not much anyone can do about that.

😎

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum