Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I would love to see a web hosting template in a web 2.0 style. Please, please, please…

wooohanetworks Friend

I don’t know, in the last two months at least two other clubs released webhost templates, TemplatePlazza.com and Shape5.com…

I also question the real need for such, as people who are real hosts will not need a webhost Joomla template or switch their site to Joomla with a simple template and when looking at the download stats of e.g. TemplatePlazza.com’s WebhostPlazza Template it makes no sense, app. 300, very low response on it and it only causes members to be very unsatisfied with the club when a regular monthly template is a host template, as who needs that for real and who needs one may be better to get a custom one but not burn a monthly template where 99% of the members will love to see another type of template that makes them happy.

pixelated Friend

<blockquote>I also question the real need for such, as people who are real hosts will not need a webhost Joomla template
    </blockquote>

So the thousands of small hosting companies out there are not real hosts? I have a reseller package and know of a few hosting companies using J! as the framework behind their control panels. We get white collar basic interfaces and code it into joomla, simple.

<blockquote>very low response on it and it only causes members to be very unsatisfied with the club when a regular monthly template is a host template</blockquote>

One hosting template ever from those you mention does not constitute “regular monthly templates” Yes its a niche market!

Well what about an earlier request for a restaurant template how many people need that. We all need a template to fit our needs that was mine.

wooohanetworks Friend

You know, reseller hosts are not hosts but resellers, when you do not have servers, you are not a host. This about that…

I do not give something about real reseller hosts as the ones I dealt with are real phony. Infact I spoke with a host who has many resellers, one of the larger ones in Europe and what was I told about complaints they get from the clients of the real resellers?

It is always the one…

the real reseller host does not comply to their own terms and conditions,

does not answer requests by the clients no more,

does register himself as admin-c, securing rights that the reseller does no have,

registers customer domains under his own name,

provides no real access to anything but a cpanel for the hosting,

gives out blabla even and the opposite makes a real host, to always be there in the interest of the customer.

And this is not it, one has to go over to the ICANN to figure out who the real host behind the reseller is, contacts the host and the host does the rest, manually changing settings and most likely giving out penalties to the reseller or will throw the reseller out of his program and with reason. They think they can make a buck with reselling but are not really doing business etc.

As when a reseller works like you read and “analyze” my written content inhere than I know why, you mention something about a restaurant template. As you obviously did not get the context which is very bad indeed, than you may not have the clue that I am about fun with that article about a “JA Restaurant Template”, I love asian food and this was my funny idea about JA Nagya… Did not see the smilies….:D:D:D:D

That is all what I can say…. Business is cool but must be fun! When one wants to feed a family with being a reseller, oh, oh… Better get a real job when one is one of the 1000s of phony resellers that do not really even work after the guidelines of their host…..

Infact, I have one month loss at TemplatePlazza.com due their **** idea of making a not even good webhost template. This niche is so small, any template can be changed to a webhost template and the extensions for the whois…. A reseller does not need this as an extension and than the extension is even a free one any host who desperately needs Joomla can dowload it anywhere on the extension sites.

Hosting reselling…. the worst thing I ever saw as a reality check for the blamed customers of them. Resell anything, but hosting, never!

pixelated Friend

Sorry i did not mean it to sound that way, i do apologise .

Looks like yo had a rough ride with past hosting experiences if your speaking from experience. If i had that attitude towards my paying customers id lose them and blacken my name. I know with being a reseller im not a full host but i supply packages that i deem very reasonable. I always adhere to my T&C’s and expect my customers to follow suit. I don’t do it to make money. It all started with family and friends and friends of friends asking me to build them a website, so i thought “OK” if i get enough people paying a reasonable price i’ll get my hosting included in the long run for free. If i get a few new people from google even better. This is a hobby for me as im disabled.

Im just happy now my e cheque has cleared and im now a paid up member, able to test and see which template suits my requirements.

wooohanetworks Friend

Okay, when you make a difference to this part of the resellers. But when looking at the reseller deals one gets, it is hillarious… People like you who are doing it for friends and others who than also get regular business wise treatment are surely not the ones that one sees on Google. 🙂

There are so many resellers claiming to be hosts, state on their websites their servers are the most modern, equipped and safests on the whole planet, secured with cisco back whatever systems but all this is a lie, they copy the text from the host or even more hillarious the host provides them this information so they even are advised to show this information also when it is only claiming. :-[

Than you see reselling like WildWestDomains.com, it is a good program and the domain rates are great but how it is done, cheap made. One always sees the same Arizonan 480 customer service number on any reseller site, why do they not place a large banner on any resellers site “This is an official GoDaddy.com Reseller!”. It would be finally like a dealership for cars, the brand name on top, owned by XYZ, people know who they deal with. One always sees the path “/gdshop/” when using a reseller site, and the design and design options for resellers…when GD would offer more than that, resellers would also sell more than now. Plus, since months you see there a video of a Kevin Caruso who tells anyone how great the program is, Mega Cheap Domains is his company and mega cheap is his site and sadly said, he too. Look at that, there is guy in a sports jacket with no shirt on who grins like a last monkey in a mass media sitcom being proud like heck on the 101 from Tempe to ASU Campus, the freeway in the region. This is a total joke, look at his top notch GD reseller site, it is a joke, a cheap made banner and on top of all that, where no one would ever think about stealing or reproducing his high art bannerwork, he writes, “Copyright, no reproduction allowed”. :laugh:

This guy and his company is nothing but a lazy joke!:eek:

One thing I say, okay, he does something for others, a plus point for him but also this comes like from a sitcom character like the fat and ugly one from Seinfeld or even Cramer. He has a website called neverdodrugs.com, and it seems he is on drugs and always tries to be not no more… He also has a website called suicide.org and okay, this is one is a good thing, but again, all this in a combination looks like something unbelieveable, a guy sells GD stuff as a reseller with a mega cheap site and promotes not to do drugs and to not commit suicide…

What rules what, makes his business with this site him so suicidal….:confused:

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@pixelated 81383 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry i did not mean it to sound that way, i do apologise .

Looks like yo had a rough ride with past hosting experiences if your speaking from experience. If i had that attitude towards my paying customers id lose them and blacken my name. I know with being a reseller im not a full host but i supply packages that i deem very reasonable. I always adhere to my T&C’s and expect my customers to follow suit. I don’t do it to make money. It all started with family and friends and friends of friends asking me to build them a website, so i thought “OK” if i get enough people paying a reasonable price i’ll get my hosting included in the long run for free. If i get a few new people from google even better. This is a hobby for me as im disabled.

Im just happy now my e cheque has cleared and im now a paid up member, able to test and see which template suits my requirements.</blockquote>

As for this, knowing how great the internet is for people with disablities to enjoy life as much as they can, especially people with e.g. multiple sclerosis and other very hard illnesses, who even can’t work with the internet no more have a way to enjoy the bit of life they have or would only hang around without sense. All the tools there are for people with disabilities, like add ons, if high tech or not, this is one part of the internet evolution, besides what will be possible in the near future, home automation etc., that one sees that it is not just something for the grungy kids and teens and us, people that still have the ability to most actively create the internet daily, web 2.0, but also something like a remedy for those who may have it the hardest in life.

I wish you much success with your work, and I can say, being a club member here makes one work on another basis….:D The ideas for new sites come from the templates, so await to want to purchase new domains one by one as soon you see what is all possible and when using the first ones.

Have fun too!!!:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum