Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

http://www.jonathanlodge.com

This is a sanidine based template.. modified somewhat! let me know what you think..

oh also vote for clubwoodham on SOTM here, if you think it’s worthy of course!

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/site-of-the-month-march-2009-poll/

which was another sanidine based site!

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I would like to say, even after one 15 mins, I was still waiting for 1 image to load, I cant view the site.

You have to optimise the website well. I believe those images are the problem.

1. image
    matjkd Friend

yeah i thought that might be an issue, I’m using ja slideshow2 for the slideshows, apart from reducing image sizes even more does anyone know how I can get it to handle the images in a more efficient manner?

I think it currently doesn’t start the slideshow until it has loaded every image, If I could get it to load the first 2 then start while the rest load in the background that would be better.

matjkd Friend

though looking at your attachment, you are only loading the home page, on which the slideshow only has 5 images that amount to a total of only 319KB.. which shouldn’t be an issue to load on even the slowest broadband connection, do you have a very slow connection? Is anyone else having problems with this page?

The wedding gallery has about 29 photos that add up to 1.8meg, which takes around 30 seconds on my connection to load, and this is what concerns me the most.

thanks

we2solutions Friend

Hi,

It works well for me in FF3.3.What a Beautiful site.get ready to book a place in Site Of The Month April 2009:)

thanks.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Great site. However, on this page http://www.jonathanlodge.com/portrait-gallery … some of the thumbnails seems distorted or have not been generated properly, i mean not all the thumbnails represent the original pic, they seem to be just concentrating on part of the original pic.

Love the site btw, its beautiful. Keep up the good work. 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@matjkd 119849 wrote:</em><blockquote> do you have a very slow connection? Is anyone else having problems with this page?</blockquote>

Loads fast here with regular broadband.

questbg Friend

Loads fine for me, no delays at all. Nice site, clean and fast, congratulations.

I agree with dumindard, why not enter this in next month’s SOM competition

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@questbg 119871 wrote:</em><blockquote>why not enter this in next month’s SOM competition</blockquote>

Joomlart.com will want to check the source if this is really a JA Template, lol!:D

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

In contrast, rather Joomlart should check the code and design a similar portfolio kinda design to all of us :p .

matjkd Friend

<em>@drarvindc 119874 wrote:</em><blockquote>In contrast, rather Joomlart should check the code and design a similar portfolio kinda design to all of us :p .</blockquote>

yeah its a quite heavily chopped up version of sanidine! but its definitely sanidine, well it was…I promise! Only sl1 and sl2 remain. I used ja slideshow2 instead of jaslideshow1 as it had the scrolling thumbnails, which I think is ideal for a portfolio, with better preloader options it would make a perfect gallery.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@matjkd 119901 wrote:</em><blockquote>yeah its a quite heavily chopped up version of sanidine! but its definitely sanidine, well it was… only I promise! Only sl1 and sl2 remain. I used ja slideshow2 instead of jaslideshow1 as it had the scrolling thumbnails, which I think is ideal for a portfolio, with better preloader options it would make a perfect gallery.</blockquote>

The site amazes me, from the first look its difficult to make out which template or which cms. I also had to cross check the page source to believe. Must have taken hell lot of time and must have tested your patience too.

Your efforts are scrolling all the way over the site. 😀

matjkd Friend

<em>@drarvindc 119858 wrote:</em><blockquote>Great site. However, on this page http://www.jonathanlodge.com/portrait-gallery … some of the thumbnails seems distorted or have not been generated properly, i mean not all the thumbnails represent the original pic, they seem to be just concentrating on part of the original pic.

Love the site btw, its beautiful. Keep up the good work. :)</blockquote>

the thumbnails seem to have trouble on the images that aren’t square in jaslideshow2.. does anyone have any idea how I can fix this, bar making the thumbnails manually. it just seems to be stretching them way too much!

jsliao Friend

Very nice website! I loved how you killed the Joomla look and made it into a very simple yet attractive site.

As usual, I would say make a favicon for it and try to capitalise your page titles correctly.

imsleepy Friend

WOW!!! That is fabulous! I actually took a peek at the source. Couldn’t believe it was the sanidine II template! What a great job. I am viewing on IE7 with VERY slow internet and it loaded quick for me.

I only have one suggestion. The space between the top of the browser window and the beginning of the page is rather large. I think I would be inclined to shorten it up. I am viewing at 1280×800 and it seems like if you moved it up, the page would almost fit perfectly in my browser window. Wedding photography might have visitors without huge monitors… you know, just normal people… like me. I use my little old laptop with 15in screen for everything.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  rayoncena 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum