Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hey people just another 22 more of these types of template then we go to the One template a month……then things BETTER improve :p

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I have an suggestion, since there are many joomla templates out there, some chargaeble and some are free.

But when I searh virtuemart template (those high quality), it is only few. Since a lot of people looking for web template for doing online business, why don’t Joomlart creates more eCommerce templates rather than only joomla template. Mesolite is great!

Kent

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@sfpkent 89957 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I have an suggestion, since there are many joomla templates out there, some chargaeble and some are free.

But when I searh virtuemart template (those high quality), it is only few. Since a lot of people looking for web template for doing online business, why don’t Joomlart creates more eCommerce templates rather than only joomla template. Mesolite is great!

Kent</blockquote>
    We have done some VirtueMart templates before; however, your feedback has been noted.

sfpkent Friend

<em>@MiCCAS 89969 wrote:</em><blockquote>We have done some VirtueMart templates before; however, your feedback has been noted.</blockquote>

Hi,

Recently, I keep searching virtuemart template, some of them are beautiful (chargeable) but without support and forum, some of them with support but not beautiful. I understand that we really need forum in order to support template users.

Like Joomlart forum, we can accumulate points, that’s a great idea!

Yes, I browsed thru all of your templates, I noticed there are some virtuemart templates. My suggestion is since joomla templates are everywhere, Joomlart may focus only on certain area, e.g virtuemart, community, etc. so that you have market for your templates without competing with other companies that do the same things. 🙂

Anyway, this is my suggestions. I would like to get some feedbacks as well. What do you think, guys?

Kent

scotty Friend

A good post Shannon ^^.

I agree with what you say. I think Joomlart should, and will, release more ‘cutting edge’ templates when they go to one a month (and have less bugs!).

I do feel though that some people expect too much from a template. After all that is what you have bought… a template. It is then up to you to make it into a website. Some people seem to confuse the two. A template is just the first of many many stages to building a website.

I posted on another thread the other day about how much people pay to use the templates and I think at it’s most expensive it is $25 per template PLUS 6 months support. Where I come from $25 for a template of the quality that Joomlart release is extremely good value.

You mention in your post about Religious themed templates. I think if you look at the portfolio there are many templates already which would be suitable for this. I think there is a template in the current portfolio to suit just about any style of website but people seem to think that Virtuemart, Community Builder, and the latest hottest extensions should be built into every release.

Of course I would also like too see more shopping templates and more community templates but you can’t please everyone every month. I was one of those that thought Septembers 2nd release should not have been used up on a second Sanidine. It should have been released as a bonus template and Trona should have been the second September one. That would have kept everyone happy. Well…. not everyone I’m sure.

I definitely think Joomlart need to start increasing the typography css. Even just one addition a month would soon build up into a very good typography set. Having said that, anyone who does just a couple of hours of css tutorials could easily pesonalise the current styles into what ever they require.

I’d much prefer when people complain about releases that they would also make specific suggestions of what they would like to see. If people do not tell Joomlart what they want then how are Joomlart to know?

Anyway… my wishlist for the future (not in any particular order):

• Less bugs. I know a lot of the bugs are external plugins(Virtuemart etc) rather than Joomlart but release still have too many.
    • A new Christmas theme. Time is running out!
    • More Consise Userguides.
    • Feedback from users being listened to more!!
    • A monthly poll on what theme the next release should have.
    • An Audio/Music theme. Embeded player etc.
    • Continue unlimited domains for non-profit, at least for older templates.
    • More JA Extensions.
    • A File/Video sharing theme.
    • Solved topics to be marked Solved.

I’m sure I’ll think of more but that will do for now. Feel free to add to the list.

toddah Friend

<em>@ShannonN 89922 wrote:</em><blockquote>when JA goes to a 1 per mth regime we may see more of the colourful, integrated type of template reasoning that JA will have far more time to design and release etc
    </blockquote>

JA essentially had 1 template last month. A few updates to style sheets and graphics does not count as a release in my mind. I am not hopeful that JA will deliver anything other than an occasional fresh design. This is not a good showing after taking half a month off.

jwellman Friend

I like the new template but it lacked the “Wow” factor for me. However I do think it will work well for a toy site we are getting ready to start. Kudos for trying to incorporate the pink as more of a feminine touch but the whole site still screams Techie to me. Of course this is nothing that can’t be altered.

Thank you for all your hard work!

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

I would like to share my personal experience about web template and web desigining.

Actually what Scotty said is right:
    “I do feel though that some people expect too much from a template. After all that is what you have bought… a template. It is then up to you to make it into a website. Some people seem to confuse the two. A template is just the first of many many stages to building a website. “

When comes to designing a website, we always talk about the beauty of a website, the graphic of a website, rather than the content of the website. I read all the comment here and some said that the template less of “wow” factor, some said disspointed.

I believe the purpose of bulding a website is getting somebody to visit your website, if there is no visitors, even you have the most beautiful website, the website still useless.

I have a friend who are really expert in designing a website (he has his own company to design a website), but finally he failed and stop continuing his business. The reason is, he failed to deliver the real “WOW” factor, TRAFFIC. He has the most beautiful websites for his customers, so what?

For me, template is just a template, we still need our creativity to modify the template. I just need a template structure, I don’t need a template graphic. For me, JA Trona is good structure template, then I am the one should beautify the website.

And, talking about “WOW” factor, don’t forget they are a HIDDEN “WOW” which is traffic. Even you have the most beautiful website with “WOW” factor, if you don’t have traffic, who are you going to show your website to?

The HIDDEN “WOW” factor is information. The only way to keep your customers coming back is the content of the website, the information of the website. Google.com is the best example. You may say:”Hey Kent, Google.com is different, it is a search engine but not a website!”, but you still go to Google.com to look for …..INFORMATION.

Some of the worst design forum based website, we still keep browsing the website and stay longer than those beautiful websites, why? Because of INFORMATION. There is a company doing internet survery on what factors make people stay on your website longer. The top answer is “INFORMATION”.

The second thing is LOADING SPEED. Don’t forget that your website is for whole world, not only in those -fast-internet-connection-speed countries, some countries need few minutes only to load a page (even the all graphic of a website is well optimized). And, people is getting impatient, if you want them to wait for few minutes only to load a page, do you think they will wait??

The main point is the template is DEAD, but you are alive. Don’t let the template control you to complain, control the template to make is successful.

Regards,
    Kent

dpk Friend

Trona’s not great, but it’s bad. If you want to load it with eye candy, do it yourself. I usually rip that stuff out of templates because it’s only there to attract kn0bs who don’t understand quality design and can’t do much themselves.

The earlier comment that there are lots of free simple Joomla templates similar to Trona is totally wrong. Show me some examples please–including commercial options! Free Joomla templates are mostly ugly old J1.0 garbage full of tables and regressive design code. There is nothing better for free than the stock templates in Joomla 1.5, including JA Purity. (Joomlashack and JoomlaBamboo probably have the only free templates that are decent.)

It’s sad to say that if JA Trona actually was (as advertised) a truly tableless template this would be new for JA. Apparently what JA means by “tableless CSS” is that the template’s master index files will not have tables, and maybe template overrides (if they are used in the template) will not have tables, but Joomla itself (com_content, etc.) will still put tables into every page.

WHY!?

Semantically valid (tableless) xhtml/css templates still DO NOT EXIST for Joomla. Due to the acceptance of tables in the Joomla core and users’ attraction to eye-candy over quality coding, this has been an embarrassing fact for years. With Joomla 1.5 and its template overrides there is no more excuse for this, but the problem persists. Free or commercial, there is nothing for Joomla to match the superb minimalism of Revolution, Morning After or Grid Focus–all for WordPress.

There is a huge need for simple, lightweight, truly tableless, semantically valid Joomla templates. Perhaps if Beez had been done without the unique and eccentric extras (magenta coloring, bee graphics, etc.) more people would have used it and learned something in the process.

Hasn’t *someone* created a core set of template overrides that eliminate all tables from Joomla output, at least for com_content and the frontpage? This ought to be a standard part of ALL Joomla templates now. I am a late convert to this realization myself, and I may have to do the work myself if I can get the time.

Now to defend JA a bit, I think they are still the BEST VALUE and best overall quality. Lightweight, clean, SEO code, lots of options, but easy to customize and not needlessly complex. Rockettheme, for example, gets you a bit less for your money. RT extensions, while fewer, are really solid, top-quality, but their templates are overdone with eye-candy. Stripping them down into something lean and usable is a lot of work. They stick their brand into their templates in multiple places, and for some reason have not gotten on board with basic old SEO practices with header tags. I’ve also found faults in RT and dead non-support forums, which is not the case here with JA.

I only care about quality bones in a template. Good code, good layout, lots of flexibility. JA is good by these standards, with plenty of room for improvement.

ShannonN Friend

@DKP
    have a look at siteground for free bland templates and I guess in my old age and busy college career I’m just one of the knobs who are too lazy to do it themselves, perhaps that’s why I no longer use notepad, homesite, PHP designer dreamweaver etc to hand code my own designs and templates like I did 8 years ago when we had no choice but to do so and many did not know what a web page was 🙂

Now that Joomla is so popular I prefer like most to pay someone cleverer, most skilled who has more time to present me with a fill in the blanks type design, which from memory is the definition of (boilerplate) template

dpk Friend

Now that Joomla is so popular I prefer like most to pay someone cleverer, most skilled who has more time to present me with a fill in the blanks type design, which from memory is the definition of (boilerplate) template

Me too. I don’t think much of the SG templates though.

Here is the wave of the future: truly tableless, semantic design for Joomla:

http://www.joomlapraise.com/club-joomla-templates/division.php

sfpkent Friend

<em>@dpk 90126 wrote:</em><blockquote>Now to defend JA a bit, I think they are still the BEST VALUE and best overall quality. Lightweight, clean, SEO code, lots of options, but easy to customize and not needlessly complex. Rockettheme, for example, gets you a bit less for your money. RT extensions, while fewer, are really solid, top-quality, but their templates are overdone with eye-candy. Stripping them down into something lean and usable is a lot of work. They stick their brand into their templates in multiple places, and for some reason have not gotten on board with basic old SEO practices with header tags. I’ve also found faults in RT and dead non-support forums, which is not the case here with JA.</blockquote>

Yes, I am 100% agree with you. Rockettheme templates are overdone. Their templates really not suitable for me.

Kent

swemmel Friend

dpk;90205Me too. I don’t think much of the SG templates though.

http://www.joomlapraise.com/club-joomla-templates/division.php

It maybe overrides every core joomla output, but it is one of the most ugly templates I have ever seen. I prefer the JoomlArt templates if you don’t mind. A few tables, because of Joomla, I will take for granted. :p

Peter

mfcphil Friend

<em>@dpk 90205 wrote:</em><blockquote>Me too. I don’t think much of the SG templates though.

http://www.joomlapraise.com/club-joomla-templates/division.php</blockquote>

If that’s your idea of the future I for one will be sticking with JA 😀

scotty Friend

Help out a n00b here….

Why is being ‘tableless’ so important?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  amykf 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum