Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

[FONT=”Arial Black”]Template release schedule updates[/FONT]
    After 4 official releases of templates for 1.5, I notices that we should change the way in releasing templates to make sure that all bugs are free. So what is the changes?

BETA RELEASES FOR 1.5:
    1.5 Beta releases will be released during 1st-5th (1st templates) or 15th – 20th (2nd template) every month. The version for Joomla 1.0.x will not be released at this time

STABLE RELEASE FOR 1.5.x + 1.0.x
    Stable download for both 1.5 and 1.0 will be released after 4-5 working days after the 1.5 Beta released</blockquote>

Where is 1st July template? Today is 6th of July, why again delay?

Menalto Friend

It will come, no templates will be released in weekends, or right before the weekend.

tempusserbia Friend

and righ after weekend? So, we can expect new one, not before Wenesday 🙂

Menalto Friend

That was a tough one.
    I have not got any update/info on this template yet, so i cant say yes or no to it. But usually the countdown is on around two days, so if the countdown comes up tomorrow it should be out on wednesday i guess.

tempusserbia Friend

Why delaying again? What is reason this time?!

Menalto Friend

Hmmmm, after the “failure” with the release of ….Fedora? And the unfinished, not complete, non working demo we agreed to not release templates at the end of the week(friday,saturday,sunday) since no one from JA is available in the weekends, and no one to solve problems if any.

bigrk Friend

JA really should learn to manage their time better. If they tried to actually release a template by the 1st, which was last Tuesday, then the weekend wouldn’t have been an issue. Now it won’t be released until almost the 10th? That is really lacking time management and planning on their part and it will probably be another copied template that looks like so many others. I still get excited about template releases at another club that I am a member at but I haven’t been excited about any JA release for a long time. Come on, get with it guys!

tempusserbia Friend

The real problem is that they are always behind schedule and trying to solve that with lousy and sloppy new releases without even trying to solve existing problems. Why? Simple, they do not have time to do it.

This month, as I supose, they have been ocupied with releasing new extension ” PHPlist Bridge”, which they are selling as standalone extension for “very reasonable price of $29” and why to toment themself to solve problems of already payed customers? 😉

TomC Moderator

You know what . . . seriously, if it were the 10th or 11th, I could understand. It’s the 6th ( and a weekend to boot). RELAX !!!

The only reason you want to see a new template this second to satisfy your greed and lust for eye-candy.
    It will come – it generally does.

Take a breath … relax … concentrate on something that actually matters.

bigrk Friend

You know that the template will have a 3 day countdown before being released. That will be just about the 10th by my calendar. So what will you say when it’s the15th and it is still in beta when another template will be due? It’s all about time management. Why say you will deliver something if you have no intention to do so? Why run a business if you won’t put in the time to make it work properly and keep your customers happy? Why announce a schedule if you are not going to follow it? The best way to keep these type of posts to a minimum is to focus on delivering the product as promised.

mfcphil Friend

This really is so easy to fix:
    They should simply change the dates to the following.

Template 1 between the 1st and the 14th of the month.
    Template 2 between the 15th and the 30th of the month.

This way nobody will complain. 😀

bigrk Friend

That’s the way it was before JA changed it to what it is now. People were complaining then too.

TomC Moderator

<em>@bigrk 64630 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s the way it was before JA changed it to what it is now. People were complaining then too.</blockquote>
    People will always find something to complain about.

Menalto Friend

If things had been done correct people wouldnt complain so much, thats the problem.

tempusserbia Friend

I am generally satisfied with templates, but this constant ignoring of members needs, problems…makes me angry.

Only promises, promises, and more promises…

When I make a deal to some employer, I always think twice about schedule, and I tell him that some job will be done in 5 days, it will be done, cause I always assume that there will be some problems and make a reasonable time reserve (4 days for work, one day to resolve eventual problems). Why JA is always breaking their time schedule?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

This topic contains 37 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum