Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

As I understand it the Templates get released as a Beta first so what your asking for ShannonN is exactly what is happening….read this post by Hung
    So why be annoyed if there are bugs in the first release? They will get fixed.

Hung Dinh Friend

I think that Shannon is quite new to such change in JA recently.

I know that there should be tests and tests (yes we have testers) before the release but when Joomla has been widely used on varios plaforms (browsers, hosting softwars) and thousand of extensions. Nobody is sure that their tests is bug free.

instantinlaw Friend

ShannonN;47835But Hung, while we appreciate you and JA workers need weekends and have a life, the main issue and a long standing one is there seems to be very little debugging or testing prior to the new template going up, it needs more time to test by qualified JA personnel such as Menalto, Erik and maybe even the 16 yr old that abuses his position 🙂 ( Hello MiCCAS)

To have a demo on a worldwide accessible product showcase that doesn’t even work properly is a shambles and you need to rectify quickly, why not put the demo up and ask selected members in various countries to review and comment prior to opening it to public?

If you make a Quickstart, it must contain the complete demo look and feel. While I see there is a difference between mageia and fedora you must admit it does seem more of a mageia 2 than a really new design. We have had this issue many times before and I’d really love to see innovative designs and colour schemes such as Fagus, unfortunate name but great design and look. To put a rushed bug ridden largely untested template up and then after you are inundated with complaints say Hi guys, we need more time, is unprofessional and unacceptable to the professionals your target market appears to be?

The template should NOT be released until its been put to every test in every type of browser and even on mac computers etc. I want to see my investment in JA realised and JA move forward as a great design team, but sadly JA slips back to mediocrity time and time again.

Just my thoughts and 2 cents worth

Shanny

Hey Shanny,
    Long time no see. How’s everything going? Finished school?
    Things have changed quite a bit here in JA land, and although I don’t really like this template all that much, and the past few have left something to be desired in reguards to the design (for my taste anyway), Hung is making great efforts to improve things here and Hopefully JA will get back to designing some more show stoppers like fagus…

Fagus, unfortunate name but great design and look.

LOL :laugh:
    Anyway, great to see you back here, and don’t be a stranger anymore.

bigrk Friend

Yeah Shanny don’t be a stranger anymore. 🙂

ShannonN Friend

mfcphil;47867As I understand it the Templates get released as a Beta first so what your asking for ShannonN is exactly what is happening….read this post by Hung
    So why be annoyed if there are bugs in the first release? They will get fixed.

Hey with no internet access at new campus till June Yes i am out of touch, but releasing as beta and using whole community to debug is not the answer either?

ErikThorsen Friend

Gotta say I agree with you fully on the Shanny. I don’t mind do some beta-tests ( as mentioned earlier as well ) but releasing something which isn’t half bug free isn’t very clever business-wise.

Well, hopefully JA can sort it soon…

ShannonN Friend

Glad someone with credibility and long JA commitment agrees with me Erik

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

This topic contains 67 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum