Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Let me give you an example…

So lets say i’m browsing for a template and I found JA Beranis, but i’m not really fan of how the menus look.
    Wouldn’t it be nice if you could use another menu style from another template, like Purity III.

If this somehow could be added to the Mega menu option or ThemeMagic, and with a few click you had another menu style..

just a thought..

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

How the megamenu look will depend on the concept of each template so if you use one template but like the menu style of other template, you need to customize a bit for it.

hjalte1983 Friend

Yes, i know, i was just wondering if other feel the same, i know nothing about CSS ,.. so thats my problem 😀

TomC Moderator

<em>@hjalte1983 443437 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, i know, i was just wondering if other feel the same, i know nothing about CSS ,.. so thats my problem :D</blockquote>

None of us knew anything about CSS ….. until we started researching and learning about it. 😎

Here are some great “getting started” resources to check out . . . . .

http://www.w3schools.com/css/

http://mashable.com/2012/10/24/css-for-dummies/

http://www.sitepoint.com/html-css-beginners-guide/

http://www.codecademy.com/en/tracks/htmlcss

gavind Friend

W3schools got the best resources I think. It’s what I’ve been using so far.

pedrox Friend

<em>@TomC 443463 wrote:</em><blockquote>None of us knew anything about CSS ….. until we started researching and learning about it. 😎
    Here are some great “getting started” resources to check out . . . . .
    </blockquote>

I still believe it could be possible to do things without having to learn CSS. And I refuse to have to learn CSS. We are not forced to have to learn to do everything…

This reminds me of my first day on the forum Gravick. I knew nothing about Joomla, and when I did my first question to answer was: “your question is too basic…”

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443473 wrote:</em><blockquote>I still believe it could be possible to do things without having to learn CSS. And I refuse to have to learn CSS. We are not forced to have to learn to do everything…

This reminds me of my first day on the forum Gravick. I knew nothing about Joomla, and when I did my first question to answer was: “your question is too basic…”</blockquote>

So wait . . . You want to administrate a website, but you “refuse” to learn anything about how it works??

In that case, to achieve the result you’re looking for, I would refer you to one of the freelance sites – such as JOOMLANCERS – on which you can post your project request.

pedrox Friend

<em>@TomC 443474 wrote:</em><blockquote>So wait . . . You want to administrate a website, but you “refuse” to learn anything about how it works??

In that case, to achieve the result you’re looking for, I would refer you to one of the freelance sites – such as JOOMLANCERS – on which you can post your project request.</blockquote>

See, it does not need to know CSS to manage a website or to create a good menu. See this link a good example:

Advanced Menu Systems for Joomla!
    http://www.swmenupro.com/component/swmenupro/?Itemid=313

TomC Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443488 wrote:</em><blockquote>See, it does not need to know CSS to manage a website or to create a good menu. See this link a good example:

Advanced Menu Systems for Joomla!
    http://www.swmenupro.com/component/swmenupro/?Itemid=313</blockquote>

Sure, until you want to modify things further to better suit your individual website – e.g. repositioning on page.

And even with that ‘point-and-click” menu creator, you’re still limited by the options THEY decide they want to provide.

pedrox Friend

But it is precisely for this reason that I am very picky with templates. A good template allows you to change everything easily, without having to worry about complicated codes. The best example I know is the template SJTech of smartaddons. With SJ Tech is very easy to make any kind of site, and results always well…

I have a Joomla site for more than five years and not know anything about CSS
    And also am not of those who seek much support in the forums. And rarely have problems

TomC Moderator

In that case, go with SW Menus as your solution. 🙂

All the best with your continuing site administration.

hjalte1983 Friend

I better start learn CSS 😛

TomC Moderator

<em>@hjalte1983 443806 wrote:</em><blockquote>I better start learn CSS :P</blockquote>

It will most definitely be useful to you as you continue to administrate your site and want to make various modifications throughout it’s evolution. You certainly do not have to become any kind of CSS “guru/expert” . . . that’s what the myriad of online resources are there for. Nevertheless, a basic understanding of basic concepts and logic as to how CSS affects your site display can and will go a long way.

A little something I wrote a few years back —-> The Three “P’s” – PATIENCE, PRACTICE and PERSEVERANCE

🙂

Phill Moderator

<em>@pedrox 443473 wrote:</em><blockquote>I still believe it could be possible to do things without having to learn CSS. And I refuse to have to learn CSS. We are not forced to have to learn to do everything…

</blockquote>

There is a big problem with that approach, one of speed and bulk. It is possible to put all sorts of design controls in the back end of Joomla but all it does is slow down loading time of the live site. T3 has pushed things a long way and allows a lot of customisation, but there are limits and learning a little CSS/LESS is not that hard and will make your life a lot easier if you want to do any customization. Remember, you only design your layout once, loading an alternative on the fly layout every page load is not efficient.

It is simple, you just have to put in the time to learn. If you do not have the time then it is best to pay someone to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum