Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Just curious what is on the burner for the next “JA Enterprise” offering ???

😎

SP Media Friend

Hung already mentiioned it – a freelancer portal like joomlancers.

Hung Dinh Friend

and also there is another component that 9 out of 10 website will find it useful. JA team is in final stage of development and soon ready for beta.

Guess what ? 😉

we2solutions Friend

Video Gallery….

am i right??????
    🙂

scotty Friend

dumindard;135938Video Gallery….

am i right??????
    🙂

Yea… just what Joomla needs. Yet another video gallery!

9 out of 10 websites will find it useful? Hmmmm… No1 Google Rank? 😀

A forms component maybe? Although pretty hard to beat Chronoforms. I’ve no idea to be honest.

mayke Friend

JA Comment!!!

scotty Friend

mayke;136159JA Comment!!!

No need… will be part of the default install with J1.6

SP Media Friend

And now you have JomComment.

Hung Dinh Friend

<blockquote>Video Gallery….

am i right??????
    </blockquote>

No, I think only 3 out of 10 websites need this, not 9

scotty;136162No need… will be part of the default install with J1.6

I can’t see this option in my Joomla! 1.6.0 Alpha [ Hope ] installation.

SP Media Friend

Advanced visitor stats like you get with vbulletin?

That’d be extremely useful.

scotty Friend

Hung Dinh;136167I can’t see this option in my Joomla! 1.6.0 Alpha [ Hope ] installation.[/quote]

The extra features are going to be introduced one at a time with each Beta release….

After we release the alpha, each beta release will be time-boxed (we hope that not more than four are required). The following is a list of the features highly desired for the final distribution. Each of these features will need to be complete in order to be included in a beta release. Some of these features will make it in the alpha, but none will prevent the alpha from being released if they are not ready. Overall we will need significant help from the Joomla development community to complete any of these features:

• Implement unlimited depth categories (but not multi-mapping).
    • Refactor the user management system and make it more extensible (eg, allow custom user fields).
    • Implement a comments system (including pings and track-backs).
    • Implement queued redirects (allows you to, for example, return to the previous page you were on after you edit something).
    • Refactor parameters and make them more extensible (for example, plugins could allow you to add additional custom parameters to articles).
    • Finish MVC-ing the Administrator components (we need lots of help here).
    • Implement CAPTCHA helpers for any form.
    • Implement systems whereby external authentication systems, such as LDAP, can map to our new Joomla user groups.
    • Re-implement the ability to select multiple categories for some views in com_content (was in 1.0, got dropped in 1.5).
    • Implement a database driven installation log.
    • Refactor JError.
    • Examine the PDF generation system in detail and see if we can make it work properly (otherwise we will look at dropping it if we can’t make it work well).
    • Localise the Invalid Token messages.
    • Drop the Polls component because the quality of that extension is pretty bad and there are much better third-part alternatives available.
    • Convert all layouts to semantic, XHTML Strict.
    • Convert of ini-based “params” fields to use JSON instead of INI format (huge technical and performance improvements). Note, the language files will remain in INI format.

… more info here.

Actually it does say they are “highly desired” features and not for certain yet.

SP Media Friend

It looks like 1.6 is a serious major overhaul.

I can’t wait.

scotty Friend

JA Voice?? Hmmmm….

jay973 Friend

JA Voice? Sounds like it could be a page reader to improve accessibility……… But I’m usually wrong.

cheers,

J.

SP Media Friend

JA are one for names, could be anything. Maybe a LiveChat kind of mod…?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SP Media 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum