Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

The “Answered” prefix is confusing. There might be an answer, but it might not be the desired answer and the issue was not resolved yet.

Cornelio

Hung Dinh Friend

Yes, the Answered prefix will let the orginal author know his question has been anwsered. However, if it is solved, the prefix will be changed to Solved. And also, to some extent Answered # Solved

bigrk Friend

Hung, I have been thinking that the Answered phrase meant that it was solved. If I were you I would rethink this approach. I have been bypassing these threads thinking that they were solved.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 57878 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes, the Answered prefix will let the orginal author know his question has been anwsered. However, if it is solved, the prefix will be changed to Solved. And also, to some extent Answered # Solved</blockquote>

<em>@bigrk 57882 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hung, I have been thinking that the Answered phrase meant that it was solved. If I were you I would rethink this approach. I have been bypassing these threads thinking that they were solved.</blockquote>

Sorry Hung, but I am with bigrk on this. As a customer, looking for threads that I thought would be useful, I thought the Answered really meant something, but quite often, not. The Replies already informs the poster that someone Answered.

Cornelio

TomC Moderator

I don’t know about you guys, but whether or not the thread has the “answered” tag, there is indication of a new posting within a thread I am interested in, I am going to check it out.

Not sure what is altogether confusing or difficult about that.
    The “new post” indication is pretty much the same as it has always been.

Menalto Friend

Answered: remove it
    Solved: Keep it.

I feel it confusing.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 58036 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t know about you guys, but whether or not the thread has the “answered” tag, there is indication of a new posting within a thread I am interested in, I am going to check it out.

Not sure what is altogether confusing or difficult about that.
    The “new post” indication is pretty much the same as it has always been.</blockquote>

That’s true tcraw,

As I stated above, ‘Answered” is redundant since there is already “Replies” to take care of that. More important, there might indeed be an answer, but the answer may not be relevant or incorrect. That will be a waste of time, considering that in some template forums, there may be several dozen pages, in the case of JA Teline II, 528 threads and 2,600 replies.

Those are a lot to go through everytime I am looking for the correct Answer to my question. This is compounded by the observation that the topic heading may not always give a clue to the content of the thread — so that you might miss what you are looking for, because of threads titled:

Please help me.

A more experienced user may use the advance search to find the solved problems or issues.

The reality is that not all solved threads may be marked as such. [Who marks a thread “Solved” anyway? the Moderator? As the original poster, I could not find the option to do this.]

Cornelio

randpost Friend

please removed answered. I bet people misinterpret it 90% time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  randpost 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum