Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi All

We kindly ask your support onto our site http://www.milano.federvolley.it for module WhatsNews.

The WhatsNews module counter sometimes display a wrong count (from about 2 weeks). For example now display 4 but only 3 listed. We don’t know the reason … at the beginning it worked well!

Please can you verify?!
    Or there’s a trick that allow us to “reset and restart” the counter?

Thanks in advance!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Kindly share the admin + ftp account also, I will check the configuration of this module on your site and help you out.

ctmilano Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Kindly check this module: Nuovi Articoli, there are 2 important options:

Day Numbers: number of days in which articles are added in that time and be considered as New item
    Number of Articles: number of items will show when you click the dropdow

I just tried to set the Day Numbers to 14 and Number of Articles to 7 and it’s showing 7 articles created in recent 14 days. It’s still working.

ctmilano Friend

Hi Saguaros,
    we knew about the parameters you described to us and we deliberately set them to a maximum of 10 items that should be considered as new for a week. In doing so, you will notice that the counter says 3 and in the new article window only 2 appear (see attached images). Why? So it does not seem to be working well.
    We await your news, thank you.

Saguaros Moderator

I see the issue. This is special case, for example:

• At the time I send this reply, it’s Dec 6th so this Notification module on your site notices that there are 2 new articles within 7 recent days

• However, one article is created on Nov 29th 8:00 AM, but the time I’m viewing your site is Dec 6h 10:00 AM so it passed 7 days already so it doesn’t show in dropdown.

This happens only when you set 7 days, if it’s 6 (or greater value), it will show fine.

I will report to the team for further checking on this.

ctmilano Friend

Hi Saguaros, thank you for all your support.
    The problem happens in the same way, even if you set days other than 7 to display the articles as new. Our impression is that the piece of code that displays the number of items, and the one showing the aricles, use two slightly different logics. Or maybe a test problem even on the publication times of articles or local server hours …
    We await your news after the new checks you are making.
    Thanks so much!!!
    See you soon!

Saguaros Moderator

Let me investigate further on this and get back to you soon.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Is that ok now?

As I can see that: http://www.milano.federvolley.it/ it’s showing 5 items now.

ctmilano Friend

Hi Saguaros.

Unfortunately it does not work yet.

Watching now (13.43 GMT+1, Milano-IT) WhatsNews display 5 but only 4 listed into "magazine-links container" DIV.

It’s a really strange thing.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  ctmilano.

1. WN
    Saguaros Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can back up this file: root/templates/ja_teline_v/helper.php

And download the attached file > unzip > copy to above directory.

Regards

1. helper.php_.zip
    ctmilano Friend

Hi Saguaros,

we have applied the patch and now WhatsNews works fine.
    Great job!

Teline V is a really powerful template, much appreciated by our users.

Thank you for your time and best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

Ciao! 🙂

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for your kind words! and Merry Xmas!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum