Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

<em>@mj1256 59216 wrote:</em><blockquote>this is a pet peeve of mine.

I understand how you want to control your own website. But your experience with outsourcing or hiring so called professionals shows the problem.

I’m commenting in generalities
    too many people make a website using a template and now decide they are developers, when in effect they know nothing. This is why there is so much crap out there on the internet and so many failures. I ran into one company that was building websites using their hosting companies free website builder, charging for it, and claiming to be a professional.

templates are just that, a template, use it as a framework to develop your own site.. but that template in itself was never meant to be your website.

I can build a birdhouse, but I cannot build a house
    I can paint a room, but I’m not a painter
    I can change the oil in my car, but I’m not a mechanic
    I can balance a checkbook, but I am not an accountant

get it!</blockquote>

thx for ur reply. your description did not fit my situation though. Outsourcing invovles too many aspects far beyond the factors u pointed out…

mj1256 Friend

I was directing it towards the outsourcing isue. Too many so called professionals do not know html, css, php, graphic editing etc because they built a website using joomla, drupal, woordpress, with no more knowledge than how to install a template and then when they are called upon to really produce something outside of the template, they fail.

I was also ranting in generalities, as this happens to too many people.

in many cases the so called professionals are not professionals at all.

TomC Moderator

<em>@mj1256 59262 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was directing it towards the outsourcing isue. Too many so called professionals do not know html, css, php, graphic editing etc because they built a website using joomla, drupal, woordpress, with no more knowledge than how to install a template and then when they are called upon to really produce something outside of the template, they fail.

I was also ranting in generalities, as this happens to too many people.

in many cases the so called professionals are not professionals at all.</blockquote>
    Which is really a shame, isn’t it?

It also exemplifies my point about the necessity of learning the basics of html, css and php if one is going to work with Joomla and Joomla templates. Unless one wants to hire someone like Menalto or someone else they can trust, you simply cannot expect to obtain the results you envision without learning the basics.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum