Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I may be missing something very obvious, but I cannot make sense of the module positions in Purity 3.

In the Module manager, if I want to select a position in which to display a Module, the drop-down menu offers me many possible options. I have noticed that many of them, if selected, do not display.

Meanwhile, in the Template Manager, the Layout tab shows the module positions. There are options to select modules, but I cannot figure out what relationship is established. Whatever I do, I cannot work out how to display content modules in specific positions.

I’m clearly missing something. Do I need to assign positions by some means before they can then be used? I have searched the forums, and read the documentation, but any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    É

1. purity_modules
    2. template_module_positions
    TomC Moderator

Can you describe a particular module you are trying to assign – and to what position?

Eragon H Friend

In order display a module, you have to be sure
    1. That module is assigned to a module position >> For example: feature-intro-2
    2. That module is assigned to pages (menu items) >> Menu Assignment >> You can configure to show in all pages or only selected pages
    3. The pages (menu items) that the module is assigned also is assigned to a Purity style. And this style use the layout that have above module position.
    >> For example: the style “Purity III – Features Intro 2” uses layout “feature-intro-2”, and the position “feature-intro-2” is only available in this layout. So, if you want to show a module at position “feature-intro-2” at a page (i.e Homepage). You have to assign the Homepage to this style (Extensions >> Template Manager >> Purity III – Features Intro 2 >> Tab: Assignment)

eadaoinnn Friend

Thanks Eragon H,
    I think what’s confusing me are the various options for configuring layout within any given individual layout style. Some positions can be moved around, such as position-1, head-search, footer-1, etc. Others, such as mainmenu and masthead and message, cannot.
    Others still, such as slideshow in the corporate layout, have to be populated with a module position from the list in order to show. Others, such as feature-intro-2 don’t exist in any of the default layouts, and has to be assigned, but can only be used in certain layouts.
    So, in some ways, it’s a problem with terminology. Words like ‘module’ and ‘position’ seem to have several meanings in this context. Explaining what I’m trying to do becomes difficult- we need more words!
    Thanks, I’ll keep trying, I’m gradually getting my head around it.

Eragon H Friend

So, in case you need explanation for anything relating this, kindly let me know. I would help to make it to be easier to understand.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eragon H 9 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum