Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’ve seen this question answered for other Joomlart templates, but it appears that Minisite for Joomla 2.5 must be set up differently. Where can I remove the date to the right of the breadcrumbs on every page?

pavit Moderator

Hi

Goto this file templatesja_minisiteblocksbreadcrums.php

?>
    <div class="ja-breadcrums">
    <!--strong><?php echo JText::_('You are here')?></strong--> <jdoc:include type="module" name="breadcrumbs" />
    </div>

<p class="ja-day">
    <?php
    echo '<span class="day">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'l').'</span>'.
    '<span class="date">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'd ').'</span>'.
    '<span class="month">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'F ').'</span>'.
    '<span class="year">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'Y').'</span>';
    ?>
    </p>

<ul class="no-display">
    <li><a href="<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#ja-content" title="<?php echo JText::_("Skip to content");?>"><?php echo JText::_("Skip to content");?></a></li>
    </ul>

remove the <p class=”ja-day”> … </p> section

So it will be

?>
    <!--strong><?php echo JText::_('You are here')?></strong--> <jdoc:include type="module" name="breadcrumbs" />
    </div>
    <ul class="no-display">
    <li><a href="<?php echo $this->getCurrentURL();?>#ja-content" title="<?php echo JText::_("Skip to content");?>"><?php echo JText::_("Skip to content");?></a></li>
    </ul>

Save and clean your JaT3 cache

Regards

dcross02 Friend

Thanks — that worked. The reason I wanted the date removed was to give the breadcrumbs some extra space since they often drop down to the next line. Now that the date is removed, how can I extend the breadcrumbs all the way across the width of the page?

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@dcross02 368530 wrote:</em><blockquote>how can I extend the breadcrumbs all the way across the width of the page?</blockquote>

I’m not sure what you are implying. Just for better clarification, please include screenshot and your site URL here for further investigation.

dcross02 Friend

Here’s a screenshot:

You can see how the breadcrumb in this instance wraps to a second line. What I would like is for it to keep going across where the date is (where I have put a red arrow).

1. Clipboard01
    Ninja Lead Moderator

You can try it this way

1) Open templates/ja_minisite/blocks/breadcrums.php file
    from

</div>

<p class="ja-day">
    <?php
    echo '<span class="day">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'l').'</span>'.
    '<span class="date">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'd ').'</span>'.
    '<span class="month">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'F ').'</span>'.
    '<span class="year">'.JHTML::_('date', 'now', 'Y').'</span>';
    ?>
    </p>

<ul class="no-display">
    </ul>

change to

</div>

<ul class="no-display">
    </ul>

2) Open templates/ja_minisite/css/template.css file

from

.ja-breadcrums {
    margin: 0;
    width: 78%;
    }

change to

.ja-breadcrums {
    margin: 0;
    width: 100%;
    }

Remember to clear cache from admin area, let me know the result

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 11 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum