Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi there!

I’m new in Joomla and I’m working with the Paritti template with my contents. At home of this sample: http://template.joomlart.com/ja_pariiti/ are 3 columns: Professional Brush, Vector Arts and My Shapes,

How can I add this columns with my contents? Is it a module? If it is, what’s the name of this module?

Thanks in advance,

Esteiner

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Yes they are modules. Go to MODULE MANAGER and look for modules that are in positions USER1, USER2 and USER6…those are the positions for those three areas from left to right.

John.

esteiner Friend

Hi John,

But what’s the name of theis module? I can’t find it.

Thanks

Esteiner

TomC Moderator

<em>@esteiner 73449 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi John,

But what’s the name of theis module? I can’t find it.

Thanks

Esteiner</blockquote>
    Did you install the tempalte using the Quicktstart installation – installing the sample data?
    If so, those modules are assigned with custom modules.

Otherwise, you are going to have to create your own custom mods to assign to those positions.

As you say you are new to Joomla, I would HIGHLY recommend you start with the Quickstart packages. They are a great way to learn the ins and outs of Joomla and how to create articles, content, custom mods, menu links, etc.

esteiner Friend

Too late lol…

I can’t reinstall it.

I just need to know how to have that 3 columns into my template.

Thanks

Again…the easiest way to locate what you are trying to find:

Goto EXTENTIONS > MODULE MANAGER
    And then look down in the POSITION column (4th column from the right) and find “USER1, USER2 AND USER 6”. There you will find the Modules that are located in those positions…those three columns you are interested in. Note…it is possible that all three are in one of those positions. I don’t have the demo loaded so I can’t say for sure.

Anyway…

If there are NO modules using ANY of those positions…then simple select NEW and add the content you want…and then select POSITION > USER 1, 2 OR 6.

If there ARE modules already in those positions: you can either overwrite what’s in those modules…or DISABLE them and create new ones…it doesn’t matter. What matters is that once created you select the POSITION you want them in as listed above.

Hope that helps.
    John.

esteiner Friend

me again

in my case there NO mudules using these USERs 1, 2 or 6.

so I clicked to ad NEW module and in my list of modules I couldn’t figured out each one is the module that exist on the sample of template. That’s what I wanna know.

thanks for your help!

TomC Moderator

<em>@esteiner 73460 wrote:</em><blockquote>me again

in my case there NO mudules using these USERs 1, 2 or 6.

so I clicked to ad NEW module and in my list of modules I couldn’t figured out each one is the module that exist on the sample of template. That’s what I wanna know.

thanks for your help!</blockquote>
    Again, if you installed just the base tempalte, you may have to create / add the positions within either you Joomla backend (if you’re using J 1.x.x) or in your xml file (if you’re using J 1.5.x).

Again, the SIMPLEST way to go is to uninstall the template and re-install using the quickstart installation – making sure to install the sample data when you get to that step. You will not only get the module positions you are looking for already installed (and able to be customized), but it’s a great way to learn how to configure and set things up.

It’s pretty self explanitory, but if you need a guide on how to perform the quickstart installation, let us know.

esteiner Friend

Thanks Tom,

Since I have already lot’s for pages there, how can I reinstall whith out loose everything is done?!

Best

Do you have a URL we can look at. We can quickly tell whether or not you have the positions available.
    If you installed the Pariti template…then you have the Module areas, quickstart or not. Whether anything or not is in then would be the question.

Simple test: go to this URL: http://www.YOURWEBSITE.COM/index.php?tp=1
    Just replace ‘YOURWEBSITE.COM…with your own URL. This will show you where the module positions are…and generally what is in them.

John.

esteiner Friend

Hi John,

Here my URL: http://www.amantikir.com.br/index.php?tp=1

Best,

Esteiner

TomC Moderator

<em>@jbrett 73477 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have a URL we can look at. We can quickly tell whether or not you have the positions available.
    If you installed the Pariti template…then you have the Module areas, quickstart or not. Whether anything or not is in then would be the question.
    </blockquote>
    This is true – hence the need to create the module content for those positions onesself.

Here’s an idea . . . set up a xampp localhost server, install the Pariti Quickstart and take a look at things that way. Then you can transfer that knowledge to your actual site … heck, you can even cut and paste the custom mod contents into new custom mods in your site as temporary placeholders until you decide what you actually want to put there.

Just a thought.

esteiner Friend

I GET IT! THANKS TOM, JOHN for your help!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  esteiner 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum