Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I am using the default style. On the left side of the content, I see a module position called sidebar-1. However, when trying to assign a module to this module position, I can`t seem to find it in the dropdown list. I can find his friend sidebar-2, but not 1.

I am attaching screenshot, can you please advise?

Thanks

1. ja17
    2. ja10
    alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

Could you please PM me your site URL as well as your Joomla backend Super User credentials?

Regards

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@tamirzzz2 426622 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,
    I am using the default style. On the left side of the content, I see a module position called sidebar-1. However, when trying to assign a module to this module position, I can`t seem to find it in the dropdown list. I can find his friend sidebar-2, but not 1.
    I am attaching screenshot, can you please advise?
    Thanks</blockquote>
    Hi @tamirzzz2
    Please open the templatesja_magz/template Details.xml file

and add this code
    <position>sidebar-1</position>
    after line 68 .
    and give a try to publish the module in sidebar-1
    Hope it helps

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

After my testing I can now confirm that we do miss <position>sidebar-1</position> in the templateDetails.xml file of our JA Magz packages. I have referred this to our developers, so please bear with us.

Having said that, despite not being able to see the “sidebar-1” in your dropdown list of available module positions, you still should be able to type it in manually and assign it to your module.

By all means, please feel free to use temporarily fix suggested by pankajsharma but be advised that you don’t have to. The “sidebar-1” position has been hardcoded throughout the system and will be gracefully picked up by it once you enter it manually (I’ve just tested it at your backend myself, so thank you for sending your Super User details so promptly).

Hope this helps,

Regards

Alex

tamirzzz2 Friend

Thank you Alex-I will give it a go.

Admire your English manners and English English-perhaps you can teach me both 😀

tamirzzz2 Friend

It works! Tnx

alexsmirnov Friend

You are welcome and thank you once again for heads-up on the issue.

Regards,

Alex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alexsmirnov 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum