Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Why is joomlart.com so slow to load pages? Is it a server/network issue or a joomla performance issue?

I am considering using joomla for a large-scale website and of course I’d use Ja Submit as a component. However, if performance is anything like this site, there is no way I can use joomla.

Can you explain the slowness? If it’s due to heavy traffic, are you using any page cache tools to speed things up? If not, have you tried anything else to speed it up?

I’m not simply being critical of your site (in fact I like a lot of your templates), I am trying to assess joomla and the best way is to assess sites currently using it.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    C

Michael Casha Friend

We have thousands of people attempting to access the site at any one time. Usually, the site is fine. I personally have no issues accessing the site including when the new templates are launched (although it is a tad slower).

I suggest you download and install Joomla onto your system and check that it will be as suitable to your project are required.

bigrk Friend

The speed issue is not caused by Joomla. The slowness of the JA site comes and goes and I don’t know if it is heavy traffic or not but it has been rather slow the last few days. Just before that it was always quick for at least the last several months.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum