Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Could I suggest that params such as “wide” and “narrow” are generally not good enough and very frustrating. Probably OK for an “End User” but not Dev’s.

IMO the options available in ja_purity should be standard.

I need to make my client site 985px (due to long Category names in etc.)..
    and yes, I am aware of the 1024px general screen width in use.

If anyone can advise how to achieve 980px site width, I would appreciate it.. I’ve been scouring code/css for over an hour!
    — I found #ja-wrapper {
    width: 950px;
    … but making that 985px breaks the horizontal menu.

Thx in advance.

cjmicro Friend

I have been able to change the width of templates without too much trouble. http://www.usea2.net/ has a custom width (I had to make it fit the header images that were already available from old site)

The main width area is pixels, but the columns and such are usually % so it seems to work out ok. I think you have to find the codes “wide” and “narrow” in the css and edit there. If you can’t find it let me know and I’ll see if I can help.

Cheryl

tophe Friend

Thanks Cheryl,
    I have varied MANY templates also…

However, ja_zeolite has some deeply embedded secrets. Wide and Narrow are tucked away in ja_templatetools_1.5.php and ja_vars_1.5.php — but whoever built this template seems to have gone to some trouble to NOT make it easy to vary site/column widths.!

#ja-wrapper {
    width: 950px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

and
    #ja-col1 {
    float: left;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 30%;
    *width:29.5%;
    }

… One can vary those etc.., but then the horizontal menu does not fit the new width.

I guess I am really just having a moan about the design philosophy with this template – I don’t think it is reasonable to make us go to such trouble to make such simple tweaks.
    — I will simply persist and find the solution.:D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tophe 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum