Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hello, thanks for the great templates!!

i would like to have my left column wider when my layout is a content plus left column only layout. and also the same for the right column – i would like it to be wider when there is only content plus right column style layout.

when i have both left and right columns on a page, no change is needed. i want the rutile default on content plus 2 columns to remain the same. the small columns are fine. here is the rutile default with 2 small columns.

but the change that i would like to make is shown below. when i have only a left column plus content, i would like it to look something like this:

i did this by changing template.css like this:

/*content + left*/
    #ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-mainbody {
    width: 100%;
    }

#ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-col1 {
    width: 22%;
    }

#ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-content {
    width: 78%;
    background: url(../images/content-center2.gif) repeat-y center;

to this:

/*content + left*/
    #ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-mainbody {
    width: 100%;
    }

#ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-col1 {
    width: 30%;
    }

#ja-containerwrap-fr #ja-content {
    width: 70%;
    background: url(../images/content-center2.gif) repeat-y center;

but changing only this part of the code makes the alignment of the main content go too far to the right. can you see it on these images? it pushed my content too far to the right past the navigation bar. so, there is something else that i should do, but i don’t know what.

next, i tried to find a way to make this same effect happen when i only have content plus only right column also, but i could not get that to work at all. can you please tell me how to make this possible?
    i would like the right column to be wider when i have a page that has the right column only and the main body content. it should be the same idea as shown in the second picture above, only opposite – with the wider column on the right side instead of the left side.

i referred to the thread at:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-size-on-right-column/

but i couldn’t solve my problem. that thread makes the columns a fixed px width and that is not what i want.

i would like this to work for all pages. some of my pages i will publish other modules inside the janews module position. i am not using the actual janews module itself at all in the site. but i am using the janews and janewsfrontpage module positions throughout the site. i am also using simple article layouts on some pages, so i would like this column resizing to work on all pages – if i am using the janews module positions, or if using simple article pages.

i am using joomla 1.5

thank you very much for your help!!

matthew

Anonymous Moderator

Hi scattdaddy21,

You can disable all right module in Extensions -> Module manager. Save changes and go to the main page to view changes.

In our template have checked that if the right column isn’t exist, the body content will display over right column.

Hope it helps.

scattdaddy21 Friend

no, i’m sorry, that is not at all what i want to do.
    i want the size of the right column to be larger when i have a page with the main body content and ONLY a right column.
    and the same idea, when i have a page with only the main body content and ONLY a left column. in that case i want the left column to be wider. – like i demonstrated by comparing the two pictures above. when the page has main body content, a left column, and a right column, then i want both columns to remain the same as the rutile default – as shown in the picture above.

thanks again!
    matthew

scattdaddy21 Friend

can anyone help with this problem please?

thank you again,
    matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scattdaddy21 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum