Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I just had a question regarding the width of the Ja templates. Right now they are usually narrow or wide, that is 800 or 1024 pixels wide or to be used on those resolutions. For sure, most people in the world use 1024×768, but the percentage of people using wider screens is growing fast. In the not too distant future, the people using 1024 will be in minority and it will be considered narrow.

Would it be an idea to think towards the future, and build templates that also can be used at wider resolutions that what we have now? Or is there an easy way to change the resolutions on older templates to something wider? I think the easier thing would be to start thinking wider now, rather than being too late when the world starts using more wide screen monitors.

🙂

scotty Friend

According to my GA stats 44% of visitors use 1024px or lower. I think it will be a long time (if ever) before optimisation for this size is not needed.

bigrk Friend

<em>@scotty 114063 wrote:</em><blockquote>According to my GA stats 44% of visitors use 1024px or lower. I think it will be a long time (if ever) before optimisation for this size is not needed.</blockquote>

I agree! It will be sometime yet before the default screen size will be larger than 1024px wide. It kind of disturbs me when I visit sites wider as even in a wide screen monitor they just don’t fit and I tend to loose interest in those sites as scrolling sideways is a pain. Just IMHO.

🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum