Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I would like to change the width of the right modules to be no more than 150 px – how and where do I find this?

Any help appreciated.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi repoman,

You open file templates/ja_sanidineii_light/css/template.css:

+ For right column, you can change the width at about line 618:

#ja-col2 {
    float:right;
    overflow:hidden;
    width:30%;
    }

+ For content body, you can change the width at about line 566:

#ja-mainbody {
    float:left;
    width:70%;
    }

repoman Friend

I will check this out later. Thank you! Will add thank to you if it works 🙂

repoman Friend

Just checked it out. I found the lines you talked about, but it did not work as intended. I changed the mainbody to 80% and the ja-col2 to 20%. What happenend is that the middle part of the page (main) floated into the right column + the left blocks got wider than they were before.

Weird.

I did notice though that the template is JA_Sanidine Not JA_Sanidine II – I don’t know if that matters?

repoman Friend

I hereby post an image of what the site looks like if I change the values to 80% width on the mainbody and 20% on the right module. Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi repoman,

I saw your image, which you attached.
    The website have changed a lot of code.

Please send me your live url, i will help you to fix this issue.

repoman Friend
    Anonymous Moderator

I could not find the attached image in the website.

repoman Friend

I’m not quite sure what you mean? I did remove the right modules because it made my site look crazy, the screenshot I posted was a screenshot that showed the problem. I could send you an admin login as i wrote in message to you or I could send you the template file. Whatever you need I will fix, I am very eager to get it fixed.

However I don’t want to leave the site with the “bugged out” look unless I know you are online and ready to take a look at it right then. You could even get my MSN adress so you can see when I am online and we can coordinate things 🙂

repoman Friend

Is there anybody out there that would help me look into this further? I Did write you a PM “JA Developer” asking you what access you needed to my site.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi repoman,

I am sorry but i could not find your PM.
    Please send me again?

repoman Friend

Hi!

I did resend the PM to you a copuple of days ago, basically this is what I wrote:
    “Hi again!
    Thansk for answering me again

I was wondering what YOU needed to help me fix the problem? Admin login to the site? Want me to send you a specific file? Whatever you need I will provide as long as I know what you need to help me.”

itgl72 Friend

Well, lets look this over, from the CSS at /ja_sanidine/css/template.css

#ja-mainbody
    width: 70%;
    float: left;

#ja-col1 {template.css (line 599)
    float:left;

#ja-col2 {template.css (line 609)
    float:right;

The problem is when you do what you suggest the template breaks. Look at my screenshot below:

I want this template to allow me a column on the left, and on the right OF THE SAME WIDTH. I also want the middle section to fill the page so we can have it not look broken in the middle of the page.

repoman Friend

Yeah thats right that is what happens. And I have the same settings as you posted now. However I see that you have no space between the syntaxes in col1 and col2 is it supposed to be without spaces?

itgl72 Friend

Its not supposed to have spaces if I had my choice. I don’t believe this template was designed to have the left and right columns have and equal width. But I would still like to find an edit to it to make it so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Minion 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum