Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi

JA Lens looks great and the way the “masonry” gallery works responsively is very nice. The only think I really need from my webpage is to show off my portfolio in the manner I want, and I need to set things up differently than in the demo.

I want to set up the front page and gallery categories to work something like this:

– I want to remove everything that has to do with timeline, dates and years. The best would be to replace each year in the masonry gallery with the category name instead. (I will use 3 categories I think)

– I would like to use a pop-up window with manually controlled slideshow when you click on images in the gallery. I need viewers to be able to cycle through the images and not have to close/minimize a window and click on another image for each new one they want to view. Seems to me that I have to tear out the workings of the gallery as it is and replace it almost completely, I guess with the continued inclusion of the Masonry script? In this case, I have no idea of the magnitude or the procedure of such a task…

– I would like my images to fill each square in the gallery through cropping or manually defined thumbnails. This is because my images come in many different formats. use “amam” asked this question here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/k2-showing-a-categorys-articles-is-crop-image-possible/

– Is there a way to have all three categories on the front page, each limited and separeted by the “Click here to load more awesomeness” functionality? I am envisioning having a preview of each gallery and either through loading more or choosing category, you can see the entirety of each category.

I would greatly appreciate some good answers. I’m still learning Joomla, figuring out the template and only know some superficial editing of HTML and CSS from earlier.

At least I must know if this seems like something I can do. Otherwise I have to make a return on my purchase very soon (by tomorrow at latest). I am thankful for any help I can get! I need to find out if JA Lens is for me.

tfosnom Friend

Hi There.
    I can’t say yes or no to those questions as I believe it could be done with time and planning, which you don’t have. but buying a responsive template really means within strict boundaries, only minor customisation is possible, otherwise you are killing off the very things that are compatible with the responsive nature of the template and introducing non responsive items.

I’d say for you is JA wall going to be slighty better? Perhaps not for the same reasons.

While I haven’t answered your questions I hope I have given you advise to help you decide if your needs will break any responsive ability of ANY JA responsive template. Forget for the moment, Lens & Wall and their really ‘image in your face’ approach out of the box, Is JA Puresite and JA Elastica, being also responsive, more tolerant to your customisation given they are more traditional in their approach to responsivness?

Food for thought.

I hope this is useful to you
    Blessings Shannon

oyvindss Friend

Thanks for your input, Shannon.

I still need some concrete answers. I guess a lack of responses can mean it will be difficult?

-Øyvind

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  oyvindss 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum