Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

So Windows 8 has been previewing with a look that I personally think looks great (although more optimized for touch platforms), and they seem to have very clear and defined UI look that is seamless and elegant.

Is it possible to start work with a theme using these design guidelines? Very little is out there so far in the way of website themes and it would be a great start to get yourselves into this market.

Manos Moderator

I think that this is a good proposal here happylittlepigs ! And this could be a good social theme also !! :):cool:

TomC Moderator

<em>@happylittlepigs 276036 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Is it possible to start work with a theme using these design guidelines? Very little is out there so far in the way of website themes and it would be a great start to get yourselves into this market.</blockquote>
    What exactly are you referring to? Not sure I understand how you would want a website template to conform with a Windows UI.

happylittlepigs Friend

<em>@TomC 276220 wrote:</em><blockquote>What exactly are you referring to? Not sure I understand how you would want a website template to conform with a Windows UI.</blockquote>

Just to clarify, Windows 8 is being released with the Metro UI that will look in some ways similar to Windows Phone 7; they have a very prescribed look (fonts, colors, etc.), that I find incredibly appealing.

Here is an example that I’ve found just searching online (a wordpress template developed for a website):
    http://99designs.com/custom-wordpress-themes/contests/design-windows-phone-metro-ui-wordpress-theme-40637

TomC Moderator

Geeeesh … Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Personally, I’m not crazy about it – but that’s me.

mfcphil Friend

looks like a lot of other WordPress themes….nothing special there at all :((

happylittlepigs Friend

Guess I’m left out in the cold on this one.

Oh well, I thought it was nice, but to each his own.

Blaine Friend

I agree with Manos and you, I love the theme, let’s hope we can get the devs to see it our way!
    Thanks so much for your input!
    User feedback is always so appreciated! Keep it coming!

TomC Moderator

<em>@Blaine 277176 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree with Manos and you, I love the theme, let’s hope we can get the devs to see it our way!
    </blockquote>
    NO WAY !!!! … I WILL FIGHT YOU ON THIS !!! – PREPARE FOR BATTLE !!!

hehehe :p – kidding

Like any form of art, this too is a subjective attraction – so if the JA Devs were to design something like the new Windows 8 UI,
    I would only have to kill some of you.

:p – kidding again . . . .. or am I?

😎

Blaine Friend

Tom~ You might be surprised what develops here. 😀

n6rej Friend

<em>@TomC 276220 wrote:</em><blockquote>What exactly are you referring to? Not sure I understand how you would want a website template to conform with a Windows UI.</blockquote>
    Actually Tom there used to be a Joomla template that did just that… Let me think on what it was….
    oh yes.. joomla OS .. for J! 1.0
    would be cool just to install so you can see what it did.. it really was quite brilliant.

November 8th 2006 😀

TomC Moderator

Well whataya know . . . . learn somethin’ new every day.

😉

n6rej Friend

hahaha had to dig deep in the grand library of gray matter for that one. http://beautyindesign.com/ is the company that made it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  n6rej 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum