Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have a strange problem with JA SlideShow2: I installed JA Rasite on my local server Apache, Mysql(using xamp on my windows machine) as usually I do when I develope a joomla site. Everything worked perfect! But then I tryed to upload the site on the real server (A windows server, not maintained by me, where php and mysql is also installed). Everything works perfect except JA SlideShow component. The problem is as follow: The pictures from article is not loaded automatically, in othe words: only the white background of this module is shown:
    First I thought maybe the image directory doesno’t exist, I checked and it existed. Then I checked html code using Firebug, No image url was included in ja-slide-item tag, ofcourse this exist for my site on the local server.
    I tried to reinstall the module,hoping that this problem would solve. I can’t install this module because of limited server right. (I have a very bad hosting company which doesn’t coorporate with me as it should be).
    To be sure that there is nothing wrong with my files, I just uploaded the site on my another hositng which uses a Linux machine, it worked perfect! Loaded the pictures and article introduction etc.!
    I think my self that because of path differences between windows and linux machine at some how no pictures can be loaded but I am not sure.
    Please help me with this issue! Is there somewehere where i can change the pathsettings manually? Is there a way to solve this problem? Or is there another reason why JA Slideshow module doesn’t load images from article in my situation. Again all other components works as they should!

Tnx,,;)

1. screenshot
    Saguaros Moderator

Please try to check for me some thing as following:
    1) clear all browser cache and joomla cache
    2) turn off cache option inside the configuration of the ja slideshow2
    3) you check permission for images folder, is it 777?

GOodluck

amirdelfan Friend

Sorry for late reaction. I was waiting for my host to enable this option so that I can change the chmode to 777. This is a Windows machine so I put full control for the IIS user for this folder. So 99% we have write permission, or do you know any script that can check that for us so we can be 100% sure?
    So after doing this still the images are not loaded! Please help me with this issue!tnx

amirdelfan Friend

OK, I have dubble checked the permissions for the folder images. Everything seems to be alright! So what can be the reason that this module is not working. Again all and every module works, behalf of this module. Please help me with your advice!

:):confused:

1. permissions
    Saguaros Moderator

Hello amirdelfan!

Are you working on the Localhost? if you have a live site can you pls give me the link to your site

Thanks

amirdelfan Friend

At localhost everything is fine. I have made a test folder at the live site and the url is:
    http://crown-support.com/test1/
    Waiting for your reaction!

tnx

Sherlock Friend

<em>@amirdelfan 186453 wrote:</em><blockquote>At localhost everything is fine. I have made a test folder at the live site and the url is:
    http://crown-support.com/test1/
    Waiting for your reaction!

tnx</blockquote>

Dear amirdelfan,

In this case please try to turn off the Safe_mode feature on your hosting,I hope it will help !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum