Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

I think I am in the wrong business then, not a bad idea to start your owns Joomla theme compnay. I think it is not an accurrate claim that they have that many members otherwise we would have seen them replying to atleast this thread, don’t you think?

Menalto Friend

If i remember correct i posted this before, the reasons you dont see the developers around here at the forum is that they don’t speak/write/understand english very good. So i wont say its a “who cares” attitude.
    Bug fixes: Not completed to make me satisfied.
    Download system: Not completed to make me satisfied.
    Forum setup: I wish to split up the forum for 1.0.xx and 1.5, we use way to much time to ask for which Joomla version a user uses. If one forum for 1.0.xx we can give support for 1.0.xx and vice versa.

Intresting calculation there, hmmm, i wonder if i can talk to Hung and let them use my account for one month, its empty and plenty of space there for some $$:p

klmklm Friend

If the developers dont speak English very well, you need to employ someone who does, the thing is if most members are English speakers then you have to cater for that or you will end up losing them for good.

Dont get me wrong, I think this forum is doing you more good than harm but you really need to act on your members recommendations and advice if you were to get going for years to come 🙂

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@klmklm 62793 wrote:</em><blockquote>If the developers dont speak English very well, you need to employ someone who does, the thing is if most members are English speakers then you have to cater for that or you will end up losing them for good.</blockquote>

From my point of view regardinf this issue/reason, most people here are not from countries in which English is native language. Most of us, are speak some kind of “international” English, and as I can see, we understand each others. Sure, sometimes with difficulties, but we keep going.

Are all developers using localizes versions of software and operating systems?! Are they visiting only localized versions of Internet sites? C’mon, even my 3 year old daughter knows about 50-60 english words, and she has learned them from Cartoon Network.

Lousy excuse from JA.

Menalto Friend

<em>@tempusserbia 62839 wrote:</em><blockquote>From my point of view regardinf this issue/reason, most people here are not from countries in which English is native language. Most of us, are speak some kind of “international” English, and as I can see, we understand each others. Sure, sometimes with difficulties, but we keep going.

Are all developers using localizes versions of software and operating systems?! Are they visiting only localized versions of Internet sites? C’mon, even my 3 year old daughter knows about 50-60 english words, and she has learned them from Cartoon Network.

Lousy excuse from JA.</blockquote>

Hmmmm, If the developers gonna join up at the forum also, there gonna be more problems than today. Since they need to use time here than in front of notepad or what they use for their coding.
    They need to use time here and not what they gonna do.
    You users need to spend time try to understand what they write and so on.

shackbase Friend

Considering how much money they make, certainly being from Vietnam they could afford English speaking support, I would assume labor is way lower there than in a western country (just a fact).

Is Hung the lead designer? Does anyone really know what he does for JA? Is he the owner? Designer? what?

I guess the problem is that as long as JA gets their 1000 new clients per month they don’t need to care about the old ones.

I wonder how many sign up and not renew when their license is up – that would be an interesting statistic I would not mind looking at.

–Tone

VisiGod Friend

Well, apparently their English is good enough to register in the google adds, to setup on which pages to be displayed and on which not.
    Apparently they write some kind of documentation each month, so … hmz not really trustful excuse honestly.

shackbase Friend

yeah, I am not buying the English 101 excuse, and really I have not heard them say it but its been suggested by several moderators only.

Bottom line is – they make 90k USD a month – that is a lot of money by anyones standard, their lack of support is just a lack of interest. They are geared on selling people on the demos, not actual hard work to support their templates, clients and good name.

–Tone

klmklm Friend

shackbase… You have a valid point here, as long as they get the 1000 customers per month they are laughing all the way to the bank…… 🙂

VisiGod Friend

It’s a clear conclusion. We are . And we can’t do anything as JA doesn’t care.

klmklm Friend

Nice on VisiGod, I couldn’t have said more….. 😀

newone Friend

Joomla Art does not like its customers.

You can always do something. Never believe that you can’t.

Find a club that values you. It is that simple!

TomC Moderator

<em>@newone 63073 wrote:</em><blockquote>Joomla Art does not like its customers.
    </blockquote>
    Maybe they just don’t like YOU.

:laugh:

TomC Moderator

<em>@VisiGod 62918 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s a clear conclusion. We are . And we can’t do anything as JA doesn’t care.</blockquote>

TRANSLATION:

xyzb Friend

I would like to see one quality template a month. I have not been pleased with the templates lately as well. I subscribe to other template providers but I have to say the Joomlart is the best as far as quality and support, but the product has been disappointing.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum