Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Okay, I looked into the VirtueMart User Manual and it said to check my PHP info under System –> System Info –> PHP Info –> gd

It does not appear that I have “GD2 Support.”

Why would I not have support for this ??

:confused:

instantinlaw Friend

Then you have not installed all the addons for Virtuemart, or you have an outdated version. The newest version is 1.0.12. If you installed the full Joomla/Virtuemart package, you should install the upgrade from version 1.0.10 to 1.0.12. You should also look around the Virtuemart site for any addons that you might be missing.

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;17754Okay, I looked into the VirtueMart User Manual and it said to check my PHP info under System –> System Info –> PHP Info –> gd

It does not appear that I have “GD2 Support.”

Why would I not have support for this ??

Not all servers have support for this, or it has not been enabled, but most modern hosts do. You can contact your host and ask them to enable it. If they won’t do it I would look for another host.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 17757 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not all servers have support for this, or it has not been enabled, but most modern hosts do. You can contact your host and ask them to enable it. If they won’t do it I would look for another host.</blockquote>

That did the trick. Luckily, my webhost has 24/7 online support available – so they were able to instruct me on how to configure my PHP to enable GD2. (I never would have known otherwise . . . and believe me, I went through just about every conceivable related file trying to figure it out.)

Don’tcha love how they make this so easy for the average user?

😉

THANKS BILL !!!

instantinlaw Friend

You’re welcome.
    I can’t wait to see your site looking like the mockup.:)

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 17771 wrote:</em><blockquote>You’re welcome.
    I can’t wait to see your site looking like the mockup.:)</blockquote>

It’s definitely coming along … one little step at a time –> WORK IN PROGRESS

The thing I am struggling to try to figure out at the moment is why the line separators between the products within the first featured products module do not display in the following two – which I basically duplicated code-for-code.

Here is what the code looks like in the index.php:

<?php if ( mosCountModules(‘vm-fp’) ) { ?>
    <!– BEGIN: FEATURE PRODUCTS –>
    <div id=”ja-feature”>
    <div id=”ja-feature-products”>
    <?php mosLoadModules(‘vm-fp’, -1); ?>

<div id=”ja-feature2″>
    <?php mosLoadModules(‘vm-fp2’, -1); ?>

<div id=”ja-feature3″>
    <?php mosLoadModules(‘vm-fp3’, -1); ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!– END: FEATURE PRODUCTS –>

Here is the vm-css for the featured products sections:

#ja-feature {
    padding: 0px;
    position: relative;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center top;
    background-image: url(../images/blue/fp-bg1.gif);
    margin: 1px;
    }

#ja-feature2 {
    background-image: url(../images/blue/fp-bg2.gif);
    }

#ja-feature3 {
    background-image: url(../images/blue/fp-bg3.gif);
    }

#ja-feature a {
    font-weight: bold;
    }

#ja-feature-products img {
    margin: 0px;
    }

#ja-feature-products td {
    vertical-align: top;
    padding-right: 1px;
    padding-top: 40px;
    padding-bottom: 20px;
    }

And lastly, here is the code from the ja-script-js that appears to control the separator showing up:

function addStyleToFeatureProduct (){
    var obj = document.getElementById (‘ja-feature-products’);
    if (!obj)
    {
    return;
    }
    var objtable = obj.getElementsByTagName (‘table’);
    if (objtable && objtable.length > 0)
    {
    objtable = objtable[0];
    var rows = objtable.rows;
    for (i=0; i<rows.length; i++)
    {
    if (rows.cells.length > 0)
    {
    for (j=0; j<rows
    .cells.length-1; j++)
    {
    rows.cells[j].className += ” ja-rightseparator2″;
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }

jaAddEvent (window, ‘load’, addStyleToFeatureProduct);

I tried duplicating the <?php if ( mosCountModules(‘vm-fp’) ) { ?> code for each respective module (i.e. vm-fp2, vm-fp3),
    but all that did was seriously screw up my site.

Any thoughts?

instantinlaw Friend

Why don’t you try unpublishing the first module and making another one to replace it? Or let the second one move up to replace it because when you unpublish the module, the empty area should collapse.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 17920 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why don’t you try unpublishing the first module and making another one to replace it? Or let the second one move up to replace it because when you unpublish the module, the empty area should collapse.</blockquote>

I’m not sure I understand . . . because what I am trying to do is get the line separators to display in all of the product modules – not just the first one. I’m befuddled as to why – if I duplicated the exact code (within the template.css.css and the vm.css) to create the new modules – the same effect would not be occurring in each of the modules.

As they’re all drawing from the same ‘featured-products’ css instruction, they should all be drawing from the same corresponding instructions (except for their positions) – should they not?

instantinlaw Friend

I thought in another message you were trying to get the lines to go away.

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 17930 wrote:</em><blockquote>I thought in another message you were trying to get the lines to go away.</blockquote>

You are correct, my friend . . . and I finally figured out how to make them go away (which is the third box of code I posted above)

Then I continued to play around and designed a new separator – which works. However – and ironically – now the problem is trying to get the separator to display in the duplicated vm-fp2 and vm-fp3 modules I created – as it does in the original vm-fp.

There has to be some little code or tweak I am not seeing that is preventing the separator from displaying in the duplicated modules – as they are exact duplicates of the original vm-fp module (as reflected in the code I posted above).

:((

TomC Moderator

Any further thoughts?

instantinlaw Friend

Hi Tom,
    You are kind of losing me here. I am not that good at php, but how about duplicating the css and giving it a diffrent name for each module i.e. ja-rightseparator1, ja-rightseparator2, ja-rightseparator3, etc.
    Just a thought.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 17 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum