Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

OK, I know I have been very quiet around here lately, and there’s really no excuse for it except that I have been very busy! OH! and I am moving at the end of the month…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But I did want to steer current conversations back to what really matters and that’s the templates that JA creates and how it’s members make them
    [FONT=”Impact”]FABULOUS[/FONT]

😎

I think I may be onto something here, although I haven’t tested it in many other browsers other than Firefox, so would you kind folks take a peek and get me feedback? I’d love to have the site nominated again for SOTM, but after spending 15 minutes trying to find an answer (I know, if it were a snake it would have bit me…) telling me whether I could do this or not, decided to just post anyway.

Here’s YAAS:
    http://washburnsservicenter.com

WARNING! There is sound at the very beginning, and you have to wait a second or so before you can continue though to the site…

TomC Moderator

billyk;129462I’d love to have the site nominated again for SOTM . . .

Consider it DONE

😀

billyk Friend

Thanks, TOM!!!! woohoo!

🙂

theprofessor Friend

Cool site! 🙂

wooohanetworks Friend

Funny thing that Porsche Cars have the keys on the left of the steering wheel…;)

mfcphil Friend

Hi Billy K

You have done really well on this one and the black and red just seems to fit this site perfectly.

Now some people here wont agree with the next suggestion but I think you need to do it!

Your site when viewed in IE8 in all pulled to the left, so you can get the correct fix from Joomlart or you can install the lastest version of the tempalte or you can do the following….add the compatability code into the first line of the head of your index.php file.

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=7″ />

The compat code is not a fix but it WILL display your site correctly in the IE8 browser

billyk Friend

Hi Phil, Thanks for the heads up…

I have a couple of questions, though. I am on Windows XP, and recently installed IE8 and the site looks fine. What system are you using, and why doesn’t the “pulled to the left” thing happen for me? I am still going to reinstall the template and implement the modifications I made for the existing site.

Also, do you know why MS has such different code than the rest of the world? Are they the ones who set the standard and the rest follow? Or is it some kind of branding issue?

Thanks for your time,
    billyk

mfcphil Friend

Hi Billy

I have Window Media Edition xp

Here is how your site looks before the compatability button is pressed you will see your site to the left

and here it is after the compatability button is pressed.

As I said although its not a fix Installing the code into your head of the index php file wil force the site to be seen as the second image.

1. before
    2. after
    billyk Friend

I applied the code you suggested into my head tag. Could you double check my work, please?
    Thanks mfcphil

mfcphil Friend

Yep that has fixed it…The compatability button is no longer there when the code is in the right place, plus the site looks correct 😉

billyk Friend

Yeah!!!
    :d

sunrise Friend

Hi Billyk,

Nice site. Personally I don’t really like having to click to enter a site that I already know I want to go on, but in this case I think it was quite cool and actually adds to the site. Great Work.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sunrise 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum