Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Yet another question about this template…

I finally figured out that each page is supposed to be linked to an Author. So when displaying that Author’s Single Article, the template would load up all relevant items in the category belonging to the author. Ok, that was crazy.

So here is another one…

I have an artist called Bluebeep who has an article in the Artists category. Bluebeep also has other articles in Biography, Audio, Albums, Videos, Photos and Events. So this is what Bluebeep’s artist page looks like:

Looking good so far. Now when I click ANY of the oher links for the artist such as Biography, Audio, Video, etc, this is what I get:

Two questions:
    1) What happened to the menu?
    2) Why is there a sliding bar at the bottom like on the images of the artists?

1. Bluebeep-Artist-Page
    2. Bluebeep-Biography-Page
    phong nam Friend

@ bluebeep,

Hope my answer below would help:

<blockquote>Now when I click ANY of the oher links for the artist such as Biography, Audio, Video, etc, this is what I get. 1) What happened to the menu?</blockquote>

On JA Muzic template demo, we use the articles of a user (author) from Biography, Audio, Video … to display the element of an artist page.

In order to display the Biography, Audio … pages like our demo, you just need to make sure:

– The template configuration are set like my attached snapshot. You can select the categories that you want, however make sure the articles belong to these selected categories.

– The articles are assigned to the correct Altenative layout.

1. layout
    2. categories
    bluebeep Friend

Nothing man. I’ve done exactly that! Well almost. Here is what I have…

Now for the alternative layouts for each article, here is what it looks like:
    Article Bluebeep in Category Artists with options default-artist as seen in screenshot below

Article Bluebeep’s Albums in Category Albums with options default-album as seen in screenshot below

Article Bluebeep’s Audio in Category Audio with options default-track as seen in screenshot (what happened to default-audio? Grr it’s pissing me off!)

Article Bluebeep’s Biography in Category Biography with options default-biography as seen in screenshot

Article Bluebeep’s Events in Category Events with options default-biography as seen in screenshot below (because I could NOT find a default-events. What’s that about guys?)

Article Bluebeep’s Photos in Category Photos with options default-photo
    (Sorry can’t upload any more screenshots to this message)

Article Bluebeep’s Videos in Category Videos with options default-photo (Sorry can’t upload any more screenshots to this message) (This is because I could not find a layout called default-video. Please guys, it would be nice to have some instruction here.)

So there are not alternative layouts for:
    default-events
    default-videos
    default-audio (Should we use default-track instead? Can we keep the naming consistent guys? I mean this is already a nightmare template. Why make it worse?)

Ok seriously. This is too much now. Please help.

1. templateconfig
    2. default-artist
    3. default-album
    4. default-track
    5. default-bio
    phong nam Friend

@ bluebeep: If you tried to create the new authors (Users) to your Muzic website, just make sure that all of them are assigned to the user group “Artists” (User group of artists) as it is configured in template manager (see 2nd snapshot in my previous reply).

It should help to solve this Artist Menu problem.

bluebeep Friend

Hi Leo,

Thanks for trying to help me solve this problem.

I only have 2 users in my Joomla (Super User and Bluebeep). Here are their group assignments:

For the ‘User Group of Artists’, I kept it simple and called it ‘Artists’. Here is what it looks like in Template Config:

The issue is that I am not able to get to the right pages for whatever reason. I have been succesfully able to setup the default artist page:

Once I’m there and I click on say ‘Albums’, I get the following bar:

The problem is that this bar has a ‘hover effect’. When I mouse over it, the bar comes and when I move my mouse away the bar slides away to the bottom. If I click on this bar where the text says ‘Bluebeep’s Albums’, then I’m taken to the right page which looks like this:
    http://198.57.187.116/~rhythmic/site-downloads/images/afterclickinghovereffect.png
    (Sorry I can’t upload the last image to this message. Please use URL).

So the question is – why do I need this stupid bar in the bottom? Why Can’t I just click on the Albums page and go to the Albums page rather than click on the bar in the bottom.

The URL is also different:
    http://blablabla.com/bluebeep/albums/?author=bluebeep – URL where the bar shows up
    http://blablabla.com/albums/bluebeep-albums.html – the URL of the link on the bar <–this is the right page. not the one in the URL above!

:((

1. bluebeep
    2. SuperUser
    3. UserGroupofArtists
    4. DefaultArtistPage
    5. ClickonAlbums
    phong nam Friend

@ bluebeep: I am sorry for the late response on this. Would you mind sending me PM with the website’s credentials? I will take a look on the settings of Artists menu on your Muzic website and give you suggestion then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum