Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Can i configure the module “You may also like” to display articles from different categories ?
    Thnaks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@nbiaux 416728 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

Can i configure the module “You may also like” to display articles from different categories ?
    Thnaks.</blockquote> @nbiaux If you like to display articles from different categories.
    Please open /templates/ja_magz/html/com_content/article/default_related.php
    find this code[PHP]
    $articles->setState(‘filter.category_id.include’, true); // Include[/PHP] and change it into[PHP]$articles->setState(‘filter.category_id.include’, false); // exclude[/PHP]
    Hope it Helps:D

nbiaux Friend

Thanks for your reply.
    It is possible to include some categories and exclude others ? … by id for exemple ?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@nbiaux 416762 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your reply.
    It is possible to include some categories and exclude others ? … by id for exemple ?</blockquote> I am afraid that will need heavy customization, you should hire a developer to carry out such work, customization support is out of JA support scope

nbiaux Friend

I understand but i found an exemple where it s possible to exclude some articles i think…
    Maybe i can do the same for category ?
    Thanks.

ex. $excluded_articles = explode(“rn”, $excluded_articles);
    $articles->setState(‘filter.article_id’, $excluded_articles);
    $articles->setState(‘filter.article_id.include’, false); // Exclude

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Sorry for not being of much help under this case. This customization support is out of JA support scope.

nbiaux Friend

Ok i understand.
    I just create an array with categories id i want to exclude.
    Thanks again.

$tblCat = array(2, 10, 16);

// Filter category
    $articles->setState(‘filter.category_id’, $tblCat);
    $articles->setState(‘filter.category_id.include’, false); // Exclude

nbiaux Friend

How are related items selected ? it seems to display by created date. Does it use keywords or tags from articles ?
    Thanks.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum