Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I tried to install JA Bellatrix on Joomla 1.5 and I get the following:
    Your extension appears to be written for an older version. You must publish the Legacy System plugin via the Plugin Manager to complete this task.

When uploading the directory Ja_bellatrix (after unzipping) and making it the default template I get the folowing message

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): 45 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:wampwwwheren1librariesjoomladatabasedatabasemysql.php on line 169

Who can help me??

thanks in advandce

Maarten

Michael Casha Friend

Joomla 1.5 is NOT supported by JoomlArt at this present time.

Magnarider Friend

Thanks for your answer. However when I downloaded this template it said that is was also compatible with Joomla 1.5. It is not.

I suggest now that 1.5 RC1 is available and later this month 1.5 stable Joomlart should give support to 1.5.

My best regards

Maarten

TomC Moderator

Is Joomla 1.5 final released?

If not, I don’t understand the rush to use it – seems to me that anything still in a “beta” stage means that it’s still being TESTED.
    Why not simply wait for the final/stable version before jumping for the “next big thing?”

MuffinDCC Friend

Joomla! 1.5 is now a Release Candidate, the place between a BETA and full release. Joomla have said it can be used on live/production sites (If I remember correctly) with just a few bugs that can be fixed with the next RC, which are minor changes.

The process of converting a template is a relatively simple process, dependin on the template. The only major obstacles I found where the menu systems, everything else is a relative doddle.

Check out the following links that may be useful to your Official Joomla 1.5 Template Tutorial
    Specific Template Conversion Tutorial

<blockquote>If not, I don’t understand the rush to use it – seems to me that anything still in a “beta” stage means that it’s still being TESTED.
    Why not simply wait for the final/stable version before jumping for the “next big thing?”</blockquote>

I can understand what you are saying, but slightly disagree. It can be used and still work to a decent level. However, the rush to use it is not necessary. If you have a working site, why change? Only if you wish to use the 1.5 features, then use it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  MuffinDCC 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum