Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

You can see a live demo here…http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_zinc/

Joomlart have ranked this template as their best of 2008 and have hyped it up a lot. The preview thread has got a lot of attention and many users have said how great it is going to be.

I think some of them will be very happy with the result and I think a few will be disappointed.

What do I think? I think it’s a good template. Joomlart have put HUGE effort into the styling and it has paid off. Each of the 6 themes look excellent. The colours are superb and the layout is nice and clean.

I am disappointed that Joomlart have brought nothing new to this template though. Also, there are no community extensions and that is really disappointing as the styles would really suit a community based site.

In my own opinion it is not their best of 2008. It is good, very good even, but not the best.

8/10

mihirc Friend

Hello,

You beat me to this. I was reviewing the demo for 40 mins, before i decided, that now it was time to put in a review.

I think I agree with you. I liked the way the template was hyped, and I had loads and loads of expectations from it. I still am not sure, why CB isnt used as the core component.

Between I LOVE the grafitti style, and think its really nice. The background is good, the color combination is good, the trypography is nice.

I would have loved to see the dropline menu, as i really like to have it in a site I make.

I agree, that it is not the BEST but it is pretty good!

From my side, a 7/10

A hearty congratulations for a template well made.

Regards,
    Mihir C.

ShannonN Friend

Hi all is it me or have I missed something with the download? I dl’d the zinc QS, installed and run it, everything looks good except it doesn’t match the demo (which I thought it would) there are no 6 themes ( as a menu item or accessible via the admin panel etc) or any different menus, so basically where the demo has a navigations and 6 styles buttons the QS when installed does not? At least here on my system.

Can anyone who dl’d the QS etc check for me? please
    Cheers ShannonN

thirstyboot Friend

Just installed the quickstart. You should be able to choose a color variation under template parameters, which gives you the option to choose any of the six themes.

ShannonN Friend

thirstyboot;96348Just installed the quickstart. You should be able to choose a color variation under template parameters, which gives you the option to choose any of the six themes.

Thanks mate

Found the way to change variations, looks like I just expected the QS to be exact copy of the demo ( with menu links to change) mind you looking at it at 2 am didn’t help 🙂 one thing I noticed is I do need to spend lots of time relearning J 1.5 admin menu system I’ve forgotten so much LOL

One thing that does bug me however, is the fixed width, while my 22″LCD will display 1680 by whatever, poor eyesight makes me run it at 1024 x768 (text gets too small otherwise) I notice unless I go to 1280 or more I cant get the full benefit of the background image on the left and right sides. (try 1024 x768 – you’ll see what I mean)

Just wondering what percentage of ppl use what screen resolution etc? and do we have any real preferences?

Generally I like the template but as most wish for a bit more than 6 coloured backgrounds, I guess members will add and improve this template to it’s full potential, just wished JA would have done it first, if you know what I mean?

ShannonN

scotty Friend

ShannonN;96361Just wondering what percentage of ppl use what screen resolution etc? and do we have any real preferences?

48% of users use 1024x 768. 38% use higher.

Full stats here… http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Even though I joined Joomlart only few months, but I just can see that the team is working hard to improve themselves and their templates are getting better. I agree, JA Zinc is the best for 2008.

It’s [FONT=”Arial Black”]8/10[/FONT]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum